Occasional ABS and Check Engine light

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheFlymo

Reaction score
Hello guys and girls, long time no post!

Got my 2015 back from a main dealer service last Tuesday, rode it home no problems. Brought it into FWR for new tyres today and on the way home it occasionally flashes the ABS light at me, and I've had a couple of slight misfires when getting gently back on the throttle, which also throws the check engine light. It seems to run fine- gave it a pasting along the A3 and no problems.

On top of that, my BikeTrac tracker stopped reporting Tuesday evening- it did record my journey home from the dealer though.

Normally I'd just bung it straight back to the dealer, but I'm off to Le Mans on Thursday for the MotoGP and can't get any time off work until then.

The only thing I can think of is the battery, which is reporting 12.6 volts- it's always parked up on an Optimate. I do have a new "spare" S1000 single "R" battery that was sent to me in error which I can try. It's a tiny little thing but given it's the same motor I'm guessing it'd be better than nothing?

Anything else obvious I can wiggle/check/percussively maintain?

Cheers!
Flymo.

Rite Flymo... soon as I saw tyres then ABS I thought there was a link..as in wheels off and maybe a bit of crap on one of the sensors. They never loosened the LHS pinch bolts did they ?..

But reading through the post it's likely electrical with combination you describe..too coincidental..

S

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Optimate usually says if there is an issue. Is it green across the board?

The ABS sensor should be about 1.6mm from the ABS ring.

- Alex

Yeah Optimate does the initial test then goes straight into pulse charging- even immediately after a ride, which is another reason why I suspect (hope) it's the battery.

I got the tyres at FWR, they've always been really good, but will also check the ABS sensor gap.

Cheers guys!

Problem solved. Seat off, positive battery terminal was hanging on it's last thread. Tracker still hasn't come back to life but I can deal with that later.

Not too impressed with Park Lane for not picking that up in a ?317 service, but hey ho.... I can get on with worrying about the trip rather than the bike!

Cheers all,
Corin.

Back