M4 calipers

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shakeysdad

Reaction score
I've got a 2010 s1000rr and want to upgrade the calipers to m4 brembos. Is it a straight swop or are new lines needed

I wouldn?t bother mate I put M4?s on my race bike and noticed Zero difference .
Good quality pads are where it is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

top end are the z04's and sbs dual sinter(top dollar also),next down are the sbs dual carbon,or even standard o/e brembo.used the EBC also but prefered the SBS,

The stock calipers are very good. The problem is that if you go to race pads ex. Z04 the price of the pads is huge. I did upgrade to M4 because of that, but I also noticed a bit better feeling and power. Both will not disappoint you on the road and in the track. The tricky thing with the BMW is that you need to bleed the air out of the system correct. If you do not do that, then braking feels bad. In my opinion performance wise you should choose pads, then upgrade MC and lastly go for new calipers.Also GP4RX is a good shiny caliper with smaller pistons but it costs more than it performs. It needs a 17/18-20 MC to work properly.

The stock calipers are very good. The problem is that if you go to race pads ex. Z04 the price of the pads is huge. I did upgrade to M4 because of that, but I also noticed a bit better feeling and power. Both will not disappoint you on the road and in the track. The tricky thing with the BMW is that you need to bleed the air out of the system correct. If you do not do that, then braking feels bad. In my opinion performance wise you should choose pads, then upgrade MC and lastly go for new calipers.Also GP4RX is a good shiny caliper with smaller pistons but it costs more than it performs. It needs a 17/18-20 MC to work properly.
How should we bleed correctly?

Just bleed them as you would any other Caliper and remember the nipple just below M/C it's sooooo easy to forget, as most people tuck a rag under the M/C to avoid spillage.

If you have GS 911, run a purge on both axles after you manually bleed, which will expel any air left in the system.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

Hi Doc. Could you kindly detail how to bleed the BM bikes to get the air out correctly please? Lost of contradicting info out there. I?m using the GS-911, so I could do the ABS Pump Flushings.

My first question is, how many reservoir full fill-ups to completely replace the old fluid? (Can?t tell old fluid from new, old still clean).

Second, what?s the best sequence, farthest to nearest bleed valve? Some say farthest first, some say nearest (master cylinder) first. And why?

Third, after each ABS Pump Flushing, do we need to bleed all again, or just the ones further down the line? Or is just the one further up the line (master cylinder)? I noticed that lost of bubbles/air came out of the master cylinder bleeder valve after Flush 1. But have read some saying the ABS Pump Flush throws air out downstream to the calipers.

Lastly, are one-way speed bleeder valves equally effective than traditional method of pump lever, open bleed valve, close, then release, then repeat?

Trying to get a BMW Repair Manual but they?re not selling it anymore.

Cheers

What lines can be bought off the shelf to install the M4 on the 2018 RR?

Back