What have you bought for the K67?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: What have you bought for the gen4?

I'll be interested to see if it is that noisy. I have no trouble passing 102Db with the gen 3 on a full system without baffle and the new bike sounded quieter than the gen 3 when I tested it. It made me think of a half way house to an electric bike with it being quiet and such linear power delivery.

Akrapovič

I wouldn't be at all surprised if their race exhausts systems were designed specifically to comply with the 107 dB SSTK noise limit. 105 dB means they would safely remain within testing tolerances.

Akrapovič

I?m hoping it?s not too loud so I don?t have to faff around getting a custom baffle made.

Akrapovič

A couple of pictures of the Akrapovič Evolution Full Exhaust System (S-B10E9-APLT)...

attachment.php

attachment.php

Asked again at the dealer yesterday about the data logger and although it?s showing on the system, there?s no date on when it?ll actually be available.

I?m going for the lower M sport seat - ?200 with discount.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Akrapovič

Have you installed the Akra full system yet? If so, what are your thoughts?

Re: Akrapovič

A couple of pictures of the Akrapovi? Evolution Full Exhaust System (S-B10E9-APLT)...

Have you installed the Akra full system yet? If you have, how do you find it?

attachment.php

Akrapovi?

I?ve not installed it yet as I?m still waiting for my Gen 4 M Sport to be delivered. To be honest I?m not really interested in looks or sound and the bike certainly doesn?t need any more power. My RR will be converted into a track bike when it arrives so what I am interested in is the 6.7 Kg weight saving over the standard OEM exhaust system.

I?ve got an Akra GP stubby ordered along with some Gilles rearsets from Calsport. Was intending to use the ?500 Beemer credit and get M footrests from the dealer but he wouldn?t drop below ?650 for the pegs and ?667 for the slip-on.

Does anyone have any experience of how the GP slip on sounds in the real world? I?ve seen / heard the full system stuff on YouTube but until I upgrade the downpipes and ditch the hideous cat then mine won?t sound the same.

Also - does anyone have experience of how this ?500 dealer credit works? My dealer said something would come through the post but I?ve had nowt as yet and he?s now on holiday as am I.

Akrapovic

The Demo bike at Lind Motorrad had the Akrapovic GP slip-on fitted when I rode it. It wasn?t particularly loud, but the tone was much lower. It burbles quite nicely on a closed throttle and it still pops and bangs if that?s your thing. When fitted with the OEM headers/catalyst it will have no issues passing trackday noise testing if that?s important to you. I suspect it will be obnoxiously loud when matched with Akrapovic?s optional headers. In that case I certainly wouldn?t want to take it anywhere near a track especially as you can?t fit a baffle to it.

Slip-on without Akra?s headers reads as exactly what I want - nothing too obnoxious! Cheers.

Just installed the Akra, sounds as you’ve described - debatably no louder than stock but much deeper, therefore more better!

Standard can surprisingly weighty so a good gain there since the new one approximates an empty fag packet.

Gilles rear sets are a work of art, lighter too, we’ll worth considering as an alternative to the much more expensive M items (which are manufactured by Gilles).

Now just got to fit the tail tidy.

I’ve had the full Akra stainless Evo system gotten to my M-sport Along with the M-sport rearsets, levers.

I’ve also had full GB racing engine protection and evotech tail tidy, lever protectors, bobbins and front axle sliders fitted.

Carbon swingarm and frame protectors have just arrived and a carbon belly pan and carbon upper panel inserts are also in order.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Need to do some shopping.

Rearsets - the M sport ones look nice. Alpharacing rearsets - says cant be used with sidestand. Any others to consider?

edit - just spotted the gilles from the earlier post, nice, anything else?

Last edited:

i've got a local company involved in making rearsets,folding levers and rear mounting for full exhaust.They are at the mock-up stage and will shortly be trying them on my bike.
Once things are sorted I will post more info on a proposed track thread on my bike,I will also speak to them about a forum discount.

Thanks baz. Ill hold fire then. It would be good to get all the track relevant stuff together on one thread at some point.

Latest posts

Back