What have you bought for the K67?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got a WRS screen off of Wull, it's barely bigger than the stocker on the '23. Which MRA did you go for?

Sent from my SM-S9060 using Tapatalk

Re: What have you bought for the gen4?

I really want to get rid of the horrible cat / box from the standard exhaust with a full system it will need a remap?
The warranty does worry me a little though.
I’ve de-catted mine with a s/s Akra pipe fitted by bmw and they’ve not said anything! Also like to note that I purchased the 5year service plan so to keep it all at bmw should anything arise!
I’ve not mapped it and seems to run fine! I’m not racing just the odd spirited ride when the suns out! Only thing I’ve noticed with that is on cold starts when it’s 0-5 degrees, the bike throws up an error message. A simple “off and on” clears it! And also on a cold start the exhaust is loud and sound lumpy, but does sort itself out after a few mins!

Mra do the sport and racing screen I bought racing in smoked grey, quality and fit excellent
I got the dark mra screen too! Looks nice although I have noticed that the vibrations seem to be rubbing at the top of the screen where it meets. Not sure if anyone else has that! Think it’s just the buzzy engine…. It’s the same reason the wing mirrors are useless as they just vibrate so much you can’t see much !

Ok, I'm an old git .....can we have an honest opinion on why these mods are wanting to be done? Are the people in question skilled enough to outride the standard system? Is it for willy waving in the pub? What do you actually gain in your riding? Personally, having done 3 years of club racing, and done all that, looking back it was money wasted when it could have been spent on tuition.
Just a thought ....

Re: What have you bought for the gen4?

Unfortunately, I’m not a fan of the Akra end can that’s being pushed by BM. I prefer a stubby GP style can. Anyone know who might be doing one?
I chanced a can from alixpress, price was cheap enough to throw it away if no good, pleasantly surprised ....,.

Ok, I'm an old git .....can we have an honest opinion on why these mods are wanting to be done? Are the people in question skilled enough to outride the standard system? Is it for willy waving in the pub? What do you actually gain in your riding? Personally, having done 3 years of club racing, and done all that, looking back it was money wasted when it could have been spent on tuition.
Just a thought ....

Did someone nick your sweets? :p

I'm sure most value is in personalisation, making it your own, 'improving aesthetics/noise', rather than performance. Performance gains marginal at most the weight lost from a decat is the most noticeable change.

Did someone nick your sweets? :p

I'm sure most value is in personalisation, making it your own, 'improving aesthetics/noise', rather than performance. Performance gains marginal at most the weight lost from a decat is the most noticeable change.
No way anyone nicks MY sweets lol. Just the attitude of some that state a must have? With todays technology there is no BAD bike, I would suggest that many current road riders would be embarrassed on track or they would be earning a living racing. Rant over, enjoy you're bike ....

Just a thought ....
Maybe you should try waving your Willy a bit you might be happier 🤣

Back