What have you bought for the K67?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoePeps

Reaction score
Not much activity in this part of the forum.....yet!

So what has everyone bought or planning to buy? I've had a few beers and looking at a few bits:

GB Racing engine covers
Evotech protection bits and tail tidy
Carbon akra end can, full system to follow once I work out how and who to go to for a remap (any ideas?!)
Possibly a private plate

Anyone else?

Re: What have you bought for the gen4?

So what has everyone bought or planning to buy? I've had a few beers and looking at a few bits:

GB Racing engine covers
Carbon akra end can, full system to follow once I work out how and who to go to for a remap (any ideas?!)
Possibly a private plate

Anyone else?

Isnt it pretty standard for every bike ?

RapidBike/PCV
Brembo GP4RX
Brembo 19RCS
BST wheels
Bonamici rearsets
MRA screen
GB racing protection
Evotech tail tidy
Full Akra

GB Racing engine covers
Possibly a private plate

Anyone else?

All part of owning a bike modding it, but why would you want to invalidate the warranty having it remapped when the things already got over 200 bhp?

All part of owning a bike modding it, but why would you want to invalidate the warranty having it remapped when the things already got over 200 bhp?

I really want to get rid of the horrible cat / box from the standard exhaust with a full system it will need a remap?
The warranty does worry me a little though.

First thing. This is now a sticky, thanks for starting the thread.

Secondly, I totally agree, loose the cat and put a full system on. Its awful and weighs a ton.

Thirdly, this is going to get expensive so I am going to wait until nearer delivery time to order because to be honest ‘er indoors isnt massively impressed with my liking for garage toys so I need to use drip feed tactics.

I really want to get rid of the horrible cat / box from the standard exhaust with a full system it will need a remap?

If you order the system via the dealer and get them to fit it (presuming there are bmw part numbers for the full system), the warranty will remain unaffected.

If you DIY and had a problem with the bike, bmw would have to prove the modifications you made were responsible for the fault. Apart from engine failure, unlikely.

Subject to cost I would like to fit a full ti system.

Edit - regarding a remap. Yes I would expect so.

Last edited:

If you order the system via the dealer and get them to fit it (presuming there are bmw part numbers for the full system), the warranty will remain unaffected.

If you DIY and had a problem with the bike, bmw would have to prove the modifications you made were responsible for the fault. Apart from engine failure, unlikely.

Subject to cost I would like to fit a full ti system.

Edit - regarding a remap. Yes I would expect so.

I thought there wasn't much chance of BMW doing a full system, don't they only offer the end cans? If it was BMW approved then I'd definitely go his route.
Hmm might just get the end can to start with and then see what options are out there and how reliable the bike seems.

When is yours arriving?

Gen 4 Parts

I have an Akrapovič Evolution Full Titanium Exhaust System, and several large boxes of alpha Racing parts, ready to fit.

I thought there wasn't much chance of BMW doing a full system, don't they only offer the end cans? If it was BMW approved then I'd definitely go his route.
Hmm might just get the end can to start with and then see what options are out there and how reliable the bike seems.

When is yours arriving?

BMW wont be doing a full system, it will be from Akrapovic as is the one ryan will have purchased. There should be (at some point) a bmw part number allocated for it, and thats then the green light to keep warranty etc intact (you will get 2 year warranty on the system if bought via bmw). I need to speak to my dealer about it as the hardware is obviously already available.

Last time I checked I was told June delivery for the bike but tbh I havent been in touch with the dealer for a few weeks.

I havent considered what to do about remapping. The RCK route will invalidate the standard warranty and make the bike unroadworthy if it is the same legal and road homogenisation framework as previous bikes.

Track Electronics have gotten the Bazzaz to work with Euro4.
Power Commander (latest vrrsion) and RapidBike Race work with Euro4.

So there are options.

- Alex

Service dept in my dealer said they would sort a remap if I fitted a full system

Just placed my order for a carbon Akra end can and hanger, and GB racing covers. Just trying to get some discount on the Evotech parts and then I'm all set to begin with!

Just placed my order for a carbon Akra end can and hanger, and GB racing covers. Just trying to get some discount on the Evotech parts and then I'm all set to begin with!

Unfortunately, I’m not a fan of the Akra end can that’s being pushed by BM. I prefer a stubby GP style can. Anyone know who might be doing one?

Unfortunately, I’m not a fan of the Akra end can that’s being pushed by BM. I prefer a stubby GP style can. Anyone know who might be doing one?

Akra do a GP style as well:

https://calsport.co.uk/bmw-s-1000-rr-19-2019/akrapovic-exhausts

I bought the carbon one from Calsport as I've not seen anything about a BMW one being made available yet, personally I like the larger higher level cans and don't want the bike ridiculously loud.

Back