DDC Disconnect

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kylezx7r

Reaction score
I?ve just bought a 2018 bike from a BMW dealer.
I asked them to disable the DDC before I pick it up as I?ll be putting Ohlins on it but they told me they?ve never heard of this being done before and they?ve checked their software and it can?t be done ??

Dealer is cooper BMW in Sunderland.

Anyone else had an issue with this ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They can but it's overly complicated.

They have to tell the BMW HQ database that your bike was specified AT SALE as a non-DDC bike. They effectively have to re-write the original sale/setup. Then when they hook it up to the ITSM (or whatever the BMW computer is) it goes in the DB finds the bike and updates it with a non-DDC setting.

Convoluted for sure.

@Tim @ Lind has explained it before.

I?ve just bought a 2018 bike from a BMW dealer.
I asked them to disable the DDC before I pick it up as I?ll be putting Ohlins on it but they told me they?ve never heard of this being done before and they?ve checked their software and it can?t be done ??

Dealer is cooper BMW in Sunderland.

Anyone else had an issue with this ?

You bought the black and white one by any chance Kyle?

You bought the black and white one by any chance Kyle?

I?ll be honest.......... I don?t know .
I just rang up and bought a bike. It?s an 18 plate with 2k miles on that?s all I know . It going to be my next race bike so the colour etc wasn?t important . I pick it up next week

They can but it's overly complicated.

They have to tell the BMW HQ database that your bike was specified AT SALE as a non-DDC bike. They effectively have to re-write the original sale/setup. Then when they hook it up to the ITSM (or whatever the BMW computer is) it goes in the DB finds the bike and updates it with a non-DDC setting.

Convoluted for sure.

@Tim @ Lind has explained it before.

So what are people doing then? I don?t really want to have the warning lights on but surely people aren?t going through this rigmarole every time are they?

I?ll be honest.......... I don?t know .
I just rang up and bought a bike. It?s an 18 plate with 2k miles on that?s all I know . It going to be my next race bike so the colour etc wasn?t important . I pick it up next week

Yeah it?s defo the black one. I was in with me son looking at it last weekend. I know Paul who was the previous owner. Nice bike. [emoji1305]

Yeah it?s defo the black one. I was in with me son looking at it last weekend. I know Paul who was the previous owner. Nice bike. [emoji1305]

It?ll be abit different next time you see it then haha.
The dealer said the previous owner swapped it for a S1000r

Hahaha I?m sure it will.. Yeah he went for the black R. Another cracking bike to be fair. [emoji1305]

I e just realised it?s my mate Gronny he?s the previous owner of the bike. I?ve know him for years

Does disconnecting the DDC only throw up a fault on the dash?

It doesn?t make it go into limp mode or affect the TC or anything does it?

Last edited:
Back