Anyone been done in a bus lane?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickS1K

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Oo-er missus.. I do of course mean that Lambeth Council have been in touch with me about my last trip into London, to visit Park Lane Motorrad servicing dept in Battersea. As has been observed in other posts (https://s1000rrforum.co.uk/showthread.php?8252-Bikes-and-Bus-lanes&highlight=Bus+Lane), its too easy to move between different bus lanes with different rules on any journey into London, and I've been caught out. Naturally I'm going to appeal, and the very fact that I appeal might be enough to get it cancelled. What's the best thing to say in appeals, and does anyone have direct experience with Lambeth and how strict they are? Also, the appeal is online, do you know if they'll respond online, as I'm travelling a lot at the mo..

Cheers

Rick

I can't believe they bother when all the nutter food couriers etc are in and out of them all over the show.

Its a council matter so at least no points.

Lambeth and southwark next door to each other have different rules...the w&?#ers

- Alex

I contested a PCN on behalf of my wife several years ago in Hayes Middx after she drove down a rat chute along a bus lane connecting two trading estates in an unfamiliar area to her.

I was lucky, I Googled the name of the road and managed to discover that a successful challenge was made to a PCN similar to mine and that there was a ruling made on the council by an Ombudsman that such a PCN was unreasonable. The council continued to issue PCNs for the same use of the bus lane. I paid the fine and contested the PCN and referred to the successful challenge in my letter. I got the fine returned and a 'naughty step' letter and that I would have no defence if she did it again.....

Worth 30 minutes researching the PCN area/road, but pay the fine early to get the 'discount' then contest it if you find some useful information. Otherwise, get through it and move on. Don't let it eat you up.

Back