New Clocks

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JamieMac

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Hi,

Just reporting a pleasant dealer experience today. My '15 S1000RR was coming to the end of it's extended warranty this week, so I gave the bike a good look over to see if anything needed doing and I noticed 2 of my LED's on the dash had turned yellow and there was a white dust on the inside. Plus I was occasionally loosing the lean angle indicator but that was only on start up, so guessed it was a separate voltage thing.

Doing some forum research showed it's a known problem with the dash. I gather they are on their 3rd design because the PCB burns out and there's a PuMA notice about it and the lean angle indicator that needs a software update.

Went to my dealers Vines Guildford and showed them and booked it in. A week later they checked it over and then the dreaded news that the Secondhand Extended Warranty isn't the same as the original warranty that came with the bike.... Mmmmm. But Anna said she would do her best. They also tried the software update for the lean indicator and that stopped that, the ABS and DTC from showing.

A call the next day and Germany had agreed to cover it and in it went today for new clocks. Pick it up tonight. Glad it all worked out in the end. J

Nice, a good news story, I will ask my dealer for the software update, next time is in there. Mine is a 2015 the same as yours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This story has prompted me to tell you about a recent experience with my dash/clocks on my 2015 S1000RR.
I sent my bike to my dealer, Allan Jefferies of Shipley for a 10,000 mile service in September last year.
I too had noticed a white dust or powder forming on the inside of the instrument panel ?glass? from the bottom up.
Checking on here, I found that this was not an uncommon occurrence on this bike, so mentioned it to the service team at AJ and asked them for their help in resolving this issue.
Later on I received a ?phone call telling me that the whole dash assembly would be renewed free of charge. The bike being now well out of warranty and no extended warranty taken out for it either!
The only problem being that there were no instrument panels anywhere in this country or in Europe and were on back order with BMW.
Anyway, long story short, the parts arrived after about a 6 month wait. Apparently they are made in the the Far East somewhere and we just had to wait.
When they advised me that the parts had now been received by them, I rode the bike down to them and they replaced the offending part in about 30 minutes, or so.
So the whole job cost ?901.00 including updates to the electronic side of things, of which I paid nothing.
Just a word of warning though for anyone unfortunate enough to have to have this done.
Please check all your programmed electronic settings, as I found my DDC suspension to be defaulted back to ?0?
Luckily I half expected this to be the case and had noted my personal settings and was able to reset mine to how it was beforehand.
What a great service I?ve always had from Allan Jefferies and I went out of my way to see Michael Lyon, a company director there and thank him and his team personally for all the sterling work they had done for me over 4 years I?d owned the bike.

Back