Ceramic bearings

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmwbadboy

Reaction score
Anyone bothered to install ceramic bearings ?

Any noticeable advantages using those ?

been watching a few of the brocks performance videos on ceramics. i dont think any noticable difference would be felt on track, but id guess when wheeling the bike about it would feel smoother/freer

Anyone bothered to install ceramic bearings ?

Any noticeable advantages using those ?
I haven't but just wanted to note I saw a Brocks Performance (?) Video on the difference between cheap and expensive ones. Worth a view on YouTube.

- Alex

been watching a few of the brocks performance videos on ceramics. i dont think any noticable difference would be felt on track, but id guess when wheeling the bike about it would feel smoother/freer
Lol snap

- Alex

Be surprised if you felt any difference on a motorbike.

My push bike is full ceramicspeed which cost close to ?1000 and it feels amazing but is very marginal in terms of gains, longevity is where it's at.

Waste of time according to Dave Croft the Mupo distributor who also owns a bearings company.

That?s not the same Brock that shows you how to grind away 50% of your brake pads to reduce rolling resistance by any chance?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Waste of time according to Dave Croft the Mupo distributor who also owns a bearings company.

My only issue (not sure how big it really is), my front BST wheel with Oro rotors only makes 1-1.5 full revolutions on a paddock stand.

In youtube videos I see same wheel with ceramic bearings spins for at least 15-20 times.

Yeah thats not bearings. Its a known problem with S1000RR to have slight brake drag when on stands. Mine will hardly do half a turn since I put Brembo GP4 calipers on there. I've spoke to a few people about it and they all recognise it.

Yeah thats not bearings. Its a known problem with S1000RR to have slight brake drag when on stands. Mine will hardly do half a turn since I put Brembo GP4 calipers on there. I've spoke to a few people about it and they all recognise it.

Unrelated question,

I'm looking to upgrade brakes and trying to figure out what to do first GP4 calipers or HPK discs. Any advice on this ?

Same here. 1-1.5 rotations with calipers on. When I exit the track is way better.

Been discussed in depth elsewhere a number of times. General thoughts are that any potential marginal gains are eroded by pad drag.
I thought one of the main advantages of ceramic bearings is longevity vs. steel ones?

Unrelated question,

I'm looking to upgrade brakes and trying to figure out what to do first GP4 calipers or HPK discs. Any advice on this ?
Have you done the master cylinder? the stock MC is not very good at all. I upgraded to a Brembo RCS and it was a huge difference even with stock discs and pads. My next move would be Z04 pads or if you can't stomach the price (they pay for themselves by lasting two or three times longer) then a set of race pads if you are track focused. Those two things are probably the biggest gain. I've ran ABS for years with no problem and only recently removed it but if you are struggling to get good braking performance and dont have professionals avialable to sort the bleeding then removing the ABS can be very useful just to make maintenence easy and to remove uncertainties.

Have you done the master cylinder? the stock MC is not very good at all. I upgraded to a Brembo RCS and it was a huge difference even with stock discs and pads. My next move would be Z04 pads or if you can't stomach the price (they pay for themselves by lasting two or three times longer) then a set of race pads if you are track focused. Those two things are probably the biggest gain. I've ran ABS for years with no problem and only recently removed it but if you are struggling to get good braking performance and dont have professionals avialable to sort the bleeding then removing the ABS can be very useful just to make maintenence easy and to remove uncertainties.

I haven't done RCS, I'm just running Brembo Oro discs with stock cylinder and calipers. I do use EBC GPFAX pads tho. Thanks for the info.

I think with a better MC you will be fine. With a Brembo Corsa Corta or even better with a Brembo CNC 19x18 (XR01171) and better pads you will be satisfied. I upgraded to M4 Brembo calipers mostly because the pads are way way cheaper (almost 1/2 the price).

Also I must insist on take care of the calipers with good piston cleaning.

Back