2019 BSB Comments

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alex

Forum Moderator
Admin
Reaction score
2nd round and the Beemers are getting to the front on a track which is more about the chassis than ultimate power.
The Gen4 is quite something out of the box.

Hoping Iddon, Hickman and co get a good result today.

Yeah, it's pretty impressive those qualifying times are being achieved on stock motors with, I believe, inferior electronics to the std road bike. Mind you Hickman looked like he was in TT mode on that fast lap...

Hickman sent to the back of the grid due to tyre pressures! Wtf?! They should stop the uncertaintly and just run pressure sensors in all the series. It's surely a sign that most of the grid are not running recommended pressures?

Hickman sent to the back of the grid due to tyre pressures! Wtf?! They should stop the uncertaintly and just run pressure sensors in all the series. It's surely a sign that most of the grid are not running recommended pressures?

For ref: Pirelli set minimum pressures for each round and then do random spot checks (I guess it keeps costs down).
It's not a great solution, I don't know when the pressure is taken in relation to tyre temp.

Here's what they use in MotoGP: https://twitter.com/PeterBom4/status/1123901277002452992

Last edited:
Yeah they brought those into MotoGP for the same reason after a couple of big tyre related blow outs at the beginning of the season (last year I think?). Its not because of costs or because of the tyre temp dropping. Most of the teams are deliberatly running very low pressures to get the tyres working. The tyres have very soft carcasses so they risk blow outs. WSBK also had similar issues.

Yeah they brought those into MotoGP for the same reason after a couple of big tyre related blow outs at the beginning of the season (last year I think?). Its not because of costs or because of the tyre temp dropping. Most of the teams are deliberatly running very low pressures to get the tyres working. The tyres have very soft carcasses so they risk blow outs. WSBK also had similar issues.

Hi, here's why they check the pressures. This is Shakey's bike in 2018 going through the dip after paddock hill bend with the correct tyre pressures on Pirelli's. Some of the Dunlop slicks run 16psi.....

https://flic.kr/p/25dPAMg

Yep, the 2019 S1000RR is amazing straight out of the crate.

J

Back