Gilles variobar help please

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

C3RRR

Reaction score
Hey guys, forgive me if things don't make sense.
I'm typing on my phone and can't read it over easily I'm beginning to wish I hadn't started the tricky but straightforward job of fitting risers.
From what I read the mod seems doable regarding clearance etc.
Its a job I have walked away from several times with frustration, im not a quitter but jeez.
I'm still on the right side of the bike, the design of the clip on doesn't make sense but its the way it is so will persist. Having the clamp 6mm from the yoke is where the leaflet states, I'm hoping not to have to go any lower just so i gain the benefit from the raise, i fear i might have too though.
At 6mm down from the yoke there isn't room for much adjustment. The angle of the bars is pretty much the same as the oem, although higher obviously, and is governed by certain unmovable things like lugs on the yoke etc.
Do i need to start from having the clamp lower down
Can anyone who has any fitted any measure how far your clamps are from your yokes please and also did you use the fairing riser spacers?
ALSO, do you manage to get full lock each side? I'm sure I've read that you can but please advice me other if not, I'm hoping so or wouldn't have gone this route

Its been a frustrating job and just hope i can complete it and be happy with it.
Please spare a minute of you can help and enjoy your day off.
Paul

Paul, sorry I didn't reply over the weekend, I wasn't very well.
Mine are flush and the perfect angle for me. Any further forward and I found it uncomfortable on my back. a very natural position. 6 pics on this link.... click right.
https://flic.kr/p/TFsUX7
Jamie

Yep, used the mirror spacers. I measured my height rise from the centre of the grip to get a realistic measurement. I'll add pics if you need. J

do you have a picture of the mirror spacers (or how thick are they?)? presumably you need longer bolts?

Hi, no they are male threaded one end, female the other so are just extenders. They're know as stand off posts. You can get various lengths off ebay etc... I'll sort a picture. J

that's very helpful thanks.
did you need to use the brake hose extender?

Nice one Jamie, you've been really helpful. Cheers bud. Just want the weather now.
I've also fitted a 520 chain, purely for the pose

Well, i've just recieved a pre owned pair from ebay at a reasonable price, might have a go at fitting them next week (2 rideouts this weekend and tyre and mot next)

thanks, having all the bits in front of me makes it look a bit easier!

very happy with mine although there isn't as much adjustment available as you might think but seems to work well anyway ( i'm looking at relocating the brake reservoir)

Back