Grrrrrrrr

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stuartb

Reaction score
I'm not pulling that nose cone off.... need to get one of those flexi claw things... anyone else had this happen ?
8c1f4aac669bbb27a8822038d9e9f995.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Been there done it.
Stick with sellotape might do it...but risk leaving marks on the inside of the lens.

This is why I don't use long heavy led units

- Alex

Been there done it.
Stick with sellotape might do it...but risk leaving marks on the inside of the lens.

This is why I don't use long heavy led units

- Alex
A big shitty stick.. next question how do I avoid in future I like these..

Easy when you have the right tools... 5 minute job..

Look at the quality of that insulating tape wrap round the base of the lamp !...
6e4ea555e651c938e60fa76f5adf39e4.jpg
36de17e9a1fccb8051e56b89abdc69bd.jpg
a85e7c346cb65138fbb9816eab530e55.jpg

Same happened to me when I fitted those bulbs. Had a feeling it might when fitting but continued anyway ☹. I got smaller led. Removed nose cone and shook till large led came out.
All good now

I had a side light led fall apart last Yr. Only just got. Round to pulling it out. Coat hanger with sticky tape done the trick

Sent from my H8416 using Tapatalk

Same happened to me when I fitted those bulbs. Had a feeling it might when fitting but continued anyway [emoji852]. I got smaller led. Removed nose cone and shook till large led came out.
All good now
Sound hole and plectrum situation there lol

I had a side light led fall apart last Yr. Only just got. Round to pulling it out. Coat hanger with sticky tape done the trick

Btw, that gripper thing from Machine Mart has a wee light on the end and is magnetic too.... win, win, win !

+1 on the coat hanger & sticky tape. I retrieved a broken sidelight lug that way.

The machine mart thing does look a useful tool.

Back