Elec-trickery

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Huge

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Got these great little lights from a Dutch Ikea with transformer plugs. When you add an adapter, it looks ugly and is a bit of a hazard. I?d like to snip off the plugs and wire into a UK transformer plug.
Is that gonna be possible? Output seems to be 7V, 0.43A, 3W
Thoughts welcome. H

6519bfe3e81d73d2726cd4cfa1e0fdb1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

If you can find a transformer to match exactly the output I see no reason why it wouldn't work.
The Watts don't matter that just how bright they are, The Amps don't matter either. You just need to find a transformer that goes from 230 to 7V.

Last edited:
If you can find a transformer to match exactly the output I see no reason why it wouldn't work.
The Watts don't matter that just how bright they are, The Amps don't matter either. You just need to find a transformer that goes from 230 to 7V.

Thanks Felix. Most appreciated.
I forgot to say they're LED's (oops). I'm told that LED's are quite fussy about that?
H

Yeah they are. I just think you are going to struggle to find a tranny to do 7v.

A multi-voltage transformer can do 7.5v,certainly 6v.I would think either would power the led's(but I'm not an electrician!).

Back