Snow Foam

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IMORTAL_Indian

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
My (unbranded) snow foam has now finished and looking at another product? What would you suggest as a replacement ? This is my weekly quick clean option.

Thanks.

I?ve been using prokleen snow foam for 6 months now and quite impressed. Looks expensive but buying 4 x 5L works out lot cheaper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've read good things about bilthamber. It's what I'll be trying next, once I finish what I have.

I've been using Bilthamber for the past few years on the cars and the bike - it's great stuff, not as thick foam as the others but if you read the technical spec you'll understand why...….need to make sure you get the right concentration for best effect - lots on info on the web about how to calculate the correct amount for your own set up. For reference, I use a 1 litre snow foam gun and I use about 400ml of Bilthamber then top up with 600ml of water - I don't use the whole bottle to do the bike, generally use less than a third - it's really effective and pH neutral.

Not impressed with bilthamber at all , I'll be going back to Valetpro PH neutral. Really good and on par price wise for 5L with the rest.

On the Snow Foam thing, what do you guy's apply it with....

The foam is generated by a special attachment to a pressure washer. You just stand back and soap it from range. Gets everywhere, contains citrus etc to shift the top level of oils and dirt, softens the rest before the 2 bucket lambs wool mitt wash straight after.

That Aldi pressure washer I have has a reservoir for detergent..might buy some foam and try it... I usually put car shampoo into it...it comes out kind of foamy and white... more like slush than snow lol....better get the real stuff bought..

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Wont work in what way ?.. it puts the detergent on I use pretty foamy.. I'll try it 1st...

I reckon the foam will go on better...who knows, if its shite I'll get that dispenser..

S

Last edited:
I have the Aldi pressure washer and tried the snow foam in the dispenser and it doesn?t foam.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sold

2d8c954c63abb253b7668a00aeb28326.jpg

Last edited:
I guess the package I got yesterday that's lying in my car right now is that snow foam dispenser I ordered...( it could be an IED) ![emoji51]

what ratio water to liquid do you cats yooz..

It depends on a few things: the flowrate of your pressure washer, the orifice size on the foam lance and the recommendations of the snow foam you are using for PIR (panel impact ratio)

Most folks typically put about an inch of foam in the bottle and top it up with water - that'll certainly give you foam but you need the correct concentration for it to be really effective.

For example, I did the calculations with my set-up using the Bilthamber Foam and I need to use 400mm of foam in the bottle and top it up with 600mm of water to get the correct ratio (I suspect this may be why Beavis did not like Bilthamber as it really needs to be the correct ratio for effective cleaning and the normal 1" in the bottle won't work with Bilthamber)

Here is an extract of the process to work it out for your set-up:

Use on cool surfaces. Dilute product as required to reach a PIR (Panel Impact Ratio) of 1 part in 100 for light cleaning and up to 5 parts in one hundred for heavily soiled vehicles. It is important to know the flow rate of your equipment to determine the correct add rate.
To correctly calculate the required quantity of auto-foam to use in a pressure washer reservoir or foam lance bottle; For virtually touchless cleaning 4% is needed at the panel not in the detergent bottle or reservoir. To obtain this fill up the detergent bottle or reservoir. Take a large container and discharge the lance into this until the detergent bottle is empty of water. Measure the total amount of water collected, and multiply this number by 0.04. Fill the detergent bottle or reservoir with the calculated amount, and top it up to full with water. This method will create the correct concentration of auto-foam discharging from the lance.

Holy shit lol... I was hoping you'd say 50/50 big man or words to that effect.... lol...

OK I'll try that then and see how I get on... cheers for the detailed reply C.

S

I use prokleen snow foam 50/50 mix with warm water. Adjust nozzle on lance to wide spray and all good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Think I used to use about 1/5 of a bottle. Once you've worked out optimal just mark the bottle so you know by eye in future.

- Alex

Last edited:
Back