Gen 4 Release date .... xOctober

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robtno1

Reaction score
So I was at Coopers BMW Motorrad yesterday and they have informed me the bike ain?t gonna be here until October at present, the carbon fibre company can?t make the parts quick enough causing delay.

October WTF I?ve been waiting since July last year it?s a piss take who gonna be out in October on a sports bike in the UK, best hope for a late summer.

If you've just ordered yours I?d be surprised if you get it before but hey fingers crossed.

Its not the release date, its the build slots.
Deliveries start in June still but they are a trickle due to super high, global, demand.

- Alex

Good job I'm still hors de combat at present. It isn't good enough for a company the size of BMW though. Sort of vagueness you expect from Aprilia.

I was told today by my dealer that if I wanted to order a new bike I wouldn?t see it until January

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I was told today by my dealer that if I wanted to order a new bike I wouldn’t see it until January

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Next years bikes should have any teething problems sorted and no rush for delivery, only hope any this year aren't 'Friday afternoon' bikes in the rush. Not what I expected from a company like BMW

Bahnstormer Alton received their demo bike today. Other dealers should presumably be receiving them around the same time. AIUI demo rides will be available from the official launch date of June 1st.

Bahnstormer Alton received their demo bike today. Other dealers should presumably be receiving them around the same time. AIUI demo rides will be available from the official launch date of June 1st.

Chris von Grumble will be one of the first out on that then?

Chris did a mini tour with an M-Sport provided by BMW a while back. If he borrows one to ride on the road it will probably be from the BMW press fleet, rather than from a dealer. However, I would expect that Alastair will try to get him to pop in to Alton on launch day if he's around.

Just got a delivery date of 17th June, possibly a week before :) Anyone want to buy a kidney?

Back