Mad Max Machine

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stuartb

Reaction score
Clocked this today up at Tyndrum..

so me and my mate were checking it out and this guy came up to us and he knew my name... turns out it's Davy's brother Brian (Yellow Gen 1) DL84...... small world.. apparantly he's got a gixxer thou now, I mind he came off the BM and then crashed Brian's RSV, wee run of bad luck.

This beasts decatted, remapped and all sorts.. 240 and 235 brake at the rear wheel on two different dynos.. 3rd rear tyre and it's only done 4k miles lol...

d5db9f5b8802de3806ee9a5c3f5c2656.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
dont like the look of these at all and when ive sat on one it feels like you cant hang off it as the seat holds you in place. weird feeling.

p.s. his tyres would last longer if the whole surface was used. :)

How it going Stuart? Hope everyone's well on here. been a long time. Aye had a bit of a run a shite luck mate. Got 2017 Gixxer thou now belter of a bike. Its Ryan btw but the **** mumbles or it might have been his beard lol.

r25sti - funny the things people pick up on lol..... rear tyres just been put on
... fronts scrubbed to the edge.... lol never mind.

Haha.. good to see a post from you Davy...I'm as deef as **** btw....here, the guy that runs the Shellfish bar in Oban is called Anthony, I called him Andy for years till I found out that wasn't his name Haha....

You should keep your hand in on the forum mate... couple of guys on here punted their RRs and bought other marques and are still on here...MacRR done the same as you, he's got a gixxer.. ..

Need to organise a wee run...

Last edited:
Haha that's brilliant! Cheers mate

Aye a think a will if am still welcome lol
MacRR done the same.. cool need to see what he thinks am loving the Gixxer!

Defo need a run... am sensible now though and feart lol

How do a post pics on here? It was photo bucket the last time... think that's went down the pan?

Hi Alex,

All good, how you doing mate?
Thanks for that, will give it a try

Haha that's brilliant! Cheers mate

Aye a think a will if am still welcome lol
MacRR done the same.. cool need to see what he thinks am loving the Gixxer!

Defo need a run... am sensible now though and feart lol

How do a post pics on here? It was photo bucket the last time... think that's went down the pan?

Hi Davy, how are you doing? I sold the Gixxer in January after 15 months of ownership, it was superb, highlights for me were the steering and front end feel - even better when I got the suspension set up, torque from the motor and for a sports bike it was pretty roomy. I've now got a new KTM 1290 superduke R, not as fast or as focused as an S1K or your GSXR but overall it better meets my needs. I don't come on here so often now for obvious reasons but it's still by far the best bike forum I've been on :)

How it going Stuart? Hope everyone's well on here. been a long time. Aye had a bit of a run a shite luck mate. Got 2017 Gixxer thou now belter of a bike. Its Ryan btw but the **** mumbles or it might have been his beard lol.

r25sti - funny the things people pick up on lol..... rear tyres just been put on
... fronts scrubbed to the edge.... lol never mind.

how do you find hanging off it? ive only sat on them at the shows and it feels like you arse is trapped in for the ride. :)

Hey Mac , am good mate. How you doing? Your highlights are exactly the same as mine mate. The front end is superb and I find it roomy and comfy. Torque is great its rapid lol. 1290 super duke is a weapon. A spark that comes into the work bought one and absolutely loves it. Agree about the forum mate. Looked about the gixxer one and the H2 one my bro is on but they are full of Dickheads tbh.

how do you find hanging off it? ive only sat on them at the shows and it feels like you arse is trapped in for the ride. :)
Not sure mate only had a couple of shots lol its a big bike. Mental fast. They way it makes power is like no other bike I have ridden. Never really tried it proper in the bends. Not being my bike and being quite expensive puts the shiters up me tbh lol.

Hey Mac , am good mate. How you doing? Your highlights are exactly the same as mine mate. The front end is superb and I find it roomy and comfy. Torque is great its rapid lol. 1290 super duke is a weapon. A spark that comes into the work bought one and absolutely loves it. Agree about the forum mate. Looked about the gixxer one and the H2 one my bro is on but they are full of Dickheads tbh.

Pleased you're liking the gixxer, went over to the IOM the week after the TT last year, must have been the best weather they'd ever had there, the bike was made for that place, see if you can get yourself over there. Really enjoying the KTM, it's not a 'beast' more like a pussy but got it geared down now and having a ball on it.

Funny i am planning on going over this year later in the summer. First time. Just a weekend. Looking forward to it mate.

Hi Davy, how are you doing? I sold the Gixxer in January.... I've now got a new KTM 1290 superduke R,

Totally missed that transaction Mac....thought you still had the gixxer !....

I always thought the 1290 would be a weapon when it came out as my mate bought in a SD 990 a few years ago, dropped in to my office one afternoon to show me it, he had this huge smile on his face... chucked me the keys and said...try this......holy shit.... I couldn't keep the front wheel on the deck in the lower gears, it pulled like a train... 1290 must be awesome !

Totally missed that transaction Mac....thought you still had the gixxer !....

I always thought the 1290 would be a weapon when it came out as my mate bought in a SD 990 a few years ago, dropped in to my office one afternoon to show me it, he had this huge smile on his face... chucked me the keys and said...try this......holy shit.... I couldn't keep the front wheel on the deck in the lower gears, it pulled like a train... 1290 must be awesome !

I've been changing bikes about as often as you change your leathers Stu :) The KTM is my 7th in total in the last 6 years, nuts really, but I don't see me changing this one anytime soon, it doesn't have the killer top end of the latest litre bikes but pulls like buggery from no revs, is a lot of fun and gentle on my ageing body.

Lol.. that is a lot...i bet the 1290 is a killer machine on the bends... be brilliant for up our way... that Skye run last Monday would be perfect for it...

Back