Buying a Hp4

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Outaline

Reaction score
Hi ,

i hope this is in the right section sorry in advance if it's not . I've been on the look out for a HP4 recently ( preference for a carbon ) but I'm open minded . Is autotrader the best option ? FYI I'm based in Ireland so it will have to be UK and I have bought a lot of cars from U.K. And used pistonheads / C&C but never bikes .
just though it would be worth asking the experts so to speak .

thanks in advance guys .

Nothing wrong with looking on AT.

Carbon is the one to get. The standard non carbons have often been used as track bikes.

Beware non carbons tarted up to look like carbons (wheels painted, that sort of thing). Any bmw dealership can confirm if the bike is genuinely a carbon or not from the reg/vin.

Big service at 18k.

I would avoid any that are suspicious with aftermarket exhausts and ecu remaps.

Last time I looked a nice carbon is around ?16-17k.

Some good advice thanks man . Ya I saw a link here to check hp4 carbons from reg no. which is a great help .

Hi ,

Maybe it's here somewhere but did Hp4's come with heated grips ? Or where they an option ?

Yes they came with heated grips.

Some I've seen have the heated grip button on
RHS over the mode button but others don't seem to I also thought heated grips were standard on all s1000rr from 12" on but then I thought it might be optional on HP4 .

Ah right ok, so it was then, all I recall is that options were near zero as it came fully loaded, what kind of spanner wouldnt put heated grips on a ?20k sportsbike for a couple of hundred pounds. The only reason I can think of anyone would not spec heated grips would be to use it as a race bike.

send an email or call and ask for matt in charleshurst bmw mottorad in belfast, as they had a HP4 in there for a while, with the new 19 s1k coming a few will proabbly get traded in.

Ah right ok, so it was then, all I recall is that options were near zero as it came fully loaded, what kind of spanner wouldnt put heated grips on a ?20k sportsbike for a couple of hundred pounds. The only reason I can think of anyone would not spec heated grips would be to use it as a race bike.

Ya I totally agree I think they are a must but they can fit OEM 1's for me if I want .

send an email or call and ask for matt in charleshurst bmw mottorad in belfast, as they had a HP4 in there for a while, with the new 19 s1k coming a few will proabbly get traded in.

I'm in Belfast tomorrow collecting a car so I'll call in there . Thanks

Well finally took delivery of a HP4 Carbon today 2014 it is a 1 owner ,FBSH it has the ABS Pro which I really wanted ,passenger seat kit ,heated hand grips ,a bmw luggage bag and GPS kit and it just had new tyres fitted by the last owner .
This is the first time I've seen one in the flesh but it looks every bit as good as the pictures :D

Many congratulations on your fantastic new steed!
ABS Pro is good feature to have.

Hope you have a great Summer ahead of you

As the saying goes better to have and not need than need and not have !

Thanks Oli

Back