XR to RR

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coldando

Reaction score
Hi all,
just changed my XR to an RR and I?ve gotta say I?m totally blown away with it after only 600 miles. IMO the XR was too ?wallowy whereas the RR is a lot stiffer & handle beautifully as a sports bike should do. Tail tidy & rad guards are my first mods.
Looking forward to what u guys have to say on this forum.
Cheers,

Haha, i have just done the opposite, well, actually I now have both.

The RR is a fantastic bike, I have a 2015, but for the road, I think the XR is a better bike, I will keep the RR for trackdays and I am waiting for a 2019 RR to come in August/September.

I don?t find the XR to be ?wallowy? in dynamic pro mode, which settings did you find wallowy?

Of course, the RR in slick mode will be rock solid on the road, I always use the user mode on the road with the suspension set to sport and the engine set to slick.

Enjoy your RR :)

A belated welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new RR!

I?ve test ridden an XR a few times and have always enjoyed them. I found having the pre-load set to 2-up with the dampening ?Road? worked quite well. Gave decent ground clearance that way, but as the OP mentions it does wallow when pressing on. On the other hand I found the Dynamic mode too jittery over B-roads.

I still think RR?s are the best road and track day bike out there, with the User Mode feature you can tailor everything to your own ideal.

Radiator guards and a tail tidy are ideal first mods, after that I would just wait and see how you get on and then you?ll have an idea what, if anything, else you you would like to change [emoji846]

Enjoy the forum, there is a wonderful community on here and loads of information.
Hope you have a great Summer ahead of you [emoji4]

- Oli

Back