Tyre Warmers - Recommendations Please

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am going with Diamond digital next, comes with digital controllers so you can set and see temperature.

?259 on eBay right now, or you can get without the controller for ?200

I have friends who have them and very happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would strongly recommend spending minimum ?200-250. Get yourself an infrared temperature tester and you will find that the cheap warmers do not get the tyres anywhere near hot enough after a few months of use. More importantly they do not warm deep into the carcuss of the tyre and the wheel rim. Its not such a big deal at trackdays where you are not going full chat off the line but it still shouldn't be necessary and it avoids silly accidents. The tester is useful for checking the track temp as well.

Last edited:
Diamond, with controller.
Thermal Technology.
Capit.

You want elasticated sides ideally. Retains the heat better and is a more consistent contact.

I also recommend Warrior or similar wheel blankets to keep the wind off them and heat up the wheel itself. A cold wheel saps heat from the tyre as quickly as any other element.

Last edited:
Re: Tyre Warmers

I also bought a pair of the Diamond digital warmers, they're excellent, you can go hard from the first corner, night and day from my previous 'Uber' ones . . .

Thermal Technology Tyre Warmers

Do you need to buy the electronic control unit in addition to the warmers or do you get one with a set of warmers?. The kippax site doesn't make that clear.
Thanks.

No; they just plug into a socket like any other tyre warmer. All you need to do is click whichever set suits your budget and needs. You don?t need to buy anything else.

Got some Thermal Technology warmers and to be honest I don?t rate them. They heat up ok but the fitment on a rear 200 tyre isn?t good at all.
I bought some Diamond digital warmers and they?re far superior in my opinion. I?d got for the Diamond again no problem.

Got some Thermal Technology warmers and to be honest I don’t rate them. They heat up ok but the fitment on a rear 200 tyre isn’t good at all.
I bought some Diamond digital warmers and they’re far superior in my opinion. I’d got for the Diamond again no problem.

Could you add which version of the TT's you used? Only there's a few and they can't all be the same :)

Could you add which version of the TT's you used? Only there's a few and they can't all be the same :)

I can?t remember the exact model, might have been the Carpimoto premium warmers but they were in XXL for a 200 section which they really struggle with.

They?re not digital

That?s them

878a4252153bfa0ca56e5c60e4e4efb1.jpg

ecf1734bbbf36db29e2f8ebfc6c145d1.jpg

Thermal Technology Tyre Warmers

Got some Thermal Technology warmers and to be honest I don?t rate them. They heat up ok but the fitment on a rear 200 tyre isn?t good at all.

I have a couple of sets of Thermal Technology Evo Dual Zone tyre warmers and I?ve never had any fitment issues when using 190/60, 200/55 or 200/60 rear tyres.

attachment.php

Back