Quick shifter getting stuck on downshifts

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lad next to me at jerez last week had exactly same problem,once into 4th and picking up speed it wouldn't change to 5th without clutch,i had a play adjusting the lever,worked at first but then did it again,so fettled the switch as i explained above and job done,they are very sensitive if the lever isn't exact

lad next to me at jerez last week had exactly same problem,once into 4th and picking up speed it wouldn't change to 5th without clutch,i had a play adjusting the lever,worked at first but then did it again,so fettled the switch as i explained above and job done,they are very sensitive if the lever isn't exact

Understood.

try adjusting the lever,or to pin point it exactly,remove the switch,tape the little arms tight on the switch,either re-fit or tuck away somewhere and go try it

I tried max out position, it didnt help. I guess next thing is to tape whatever is pushing the lever. I'm not sure yet how to do it.

it's easy to do.loosen the lever clamp so you can turn it on the bar,remove switch (1 screw) put metal tab over the 2 switch arms and tape down tight so they are both closed,then eith re-fit,or easier just to tuck into the rest of the loom whilst you go out and try it,this takes any faff or any doubt if it's the lever effecting it,be suprised if it doesn't do the job,you can then start to adjust/take the excess play out of the lever till you get it right.

1 thing though,when you do adjust the lever,it needs "some" play in the clutch cable,or if it's too tight,once the clutch gets hot it will start to slip under acceleration,so thee does need to be some play in there.

it's easy to do.loosen the lever clamp so you can turn it on the bar,remove switch (1 screw) put metal tab over the 2 switch arms and tape down tight so they are both closed,then eith re-fit,or easier just to tuck into the rest of the loom whilst you go out and try it,this takes any faff or any doubt if it's the lever effecting it,be suprised if it doesn't do the job,you can then start to adjust/take the excess play out of the lever till you get it right.

1 thing though,when you do adjust the lever,it needs "some" play in the clutch cable,or if it's too tight,once the clutch gets hot it will start to slip under acceleration,so thee does need to be some play in there.

So I just rotated the plate as in Marcel's video and 1st switch is being held by it now. Tried depress the clutch a bit, but quickshifter works perfectly fine.

I'm surprised that Bayerische Motor Werken havent released a fix for that. Such a silly thing and causes so much annoyance.

never does it with standard levers though (or at least everytime i've seen/fixed it for people,always been after market levers),which will be why i guess

Hello all.
Mine works wnd have hp levers fitted. Will doing Marcels tip stop anything working as feel like doing it to ensure never have a problem in future.
Bikes a 2018 gen 3.
Will auto blipper, cc, pit lane limiter and launch control still work. Not that I will ever use launch control.

Hello all.
Mine works wnd have hp levers fitted. Will doing Marcels tip stop anything working as feel like doing it to ensure never have a problem in future.
Bikes a 2018 gen 3.
Will auto blipper, cc, pit lane limiter and launch control still work. Not that I will ever use launch control.

as above why bother ******* around with it,if it does start to play up,then at least you know what to do then,but pointless now.

Well, it worked fine half of the day. Now I have another problem, it stopped downshifting from 6th lol.

Up shifts are all fine, not a single issue. But occasionally it stops downshifting from 6th or 4th.

I checked the switch #1, it is well secured.

Such a flimsy device.

Two updates:

1. After doing reset via GS911 and recalibration, I experienced 0 issues during 2.5 days at Spa.
Looks like Marcel's solution does work.

2. I learned that HM racing suggests bridging pins 1 and 2 in the connector that goes to clutch to disable link with quickshifter. The only downside of doing this, to start the engine the bike needs to be in N gear.

Back