Gen 3 Gear Pedal Height Adjustment

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snooker

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
I had my first decent run out today with my adjusted footrests. I have to say, much more comfortable, but the gear pedal is now a wee bit high. Anyone adjusted this? Rearsets are stock. Any tips? Thanks!

Hi Snooker,

I have also invested in the 20mm lower pegs from Gillies and am having a similar problem to you. In addition to the levers now sitting a little high relative to the footpeg I?m also finding that the adapter plate has moved my foot outwards by a bit and it?s harder to get my toe back across (inwards) to the levers.

I?m interested to hear whether anybody has managed to adjust the gear lever position but also if there are any lever extenders available anywhere (to give my toe more of a chance at touching the bloomin? thing). I had a quick look online but not yet found anything.

OK, so I th?nk I've figured it out. You'll need 7mm and 10 mm open ended spanners and a T30 Torx driver. BMW call the vertical rod, with the sensor for the shift assist, the gear selector rod. It threads into rose joints at both ends with lock nuts. Both ends are also right hand thread. The easy way to adjust pedal height is to loosen the lower lock nut and then remove the T30 bolt that connects the gear pedal to the selector rod. Adjustment is then by turning the lower rose joint. Each full turn will adjust the pedal height by 2.5mm. Then refit the T30 bolt and tighten the lock nut. To utilise the adjuster at the top of the rod, again remove the T30 bolt, then disconnect the electrical connector to the shift assist sensor (pull up the grey tab on the front). Then rotate the entire rod to the required adjustment. I hope that this makes sense!

Thanks! What?s the reduced ground clearance like? And is the extra comfort worth the swap in your opinion?

I have mine down and forward, so the height reduction is only about 10mm, but it makes such a difference. I haven't had an issue with ground clearance. It's the work of 30 seconds to return them to normal height. The rear brake is easier to use as well.

very interested in this thread as I also struggle to turn left foot inwards to change gear after knee injury. i've recently slid a piece of tubing over gear lever to make it stick out approx 25mm longer. but I looks shit and would like something better engineered. i would also like the foot-peg position slightly lower.. I was going to buy some rear-sets, but was told they would make things worse as they're designed to raise foot-peg height and not lower it. any help would be greatly appreciated as I rely love my bike, but im in agony with knee after a ride out.

Back