Gen 3 battery

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Balallan

Reaction score
Out for a run on Friday night and stopped for fuel and bike wouldn't start, managed to get a jump start from a passing motorist, battery terminals took a slight nip up but felt tight all the same, the bike has started on the button since but ive no faith in the battery now and thinking of replacing it as its 4yr old, Question is what battery should be in the bike its current got a Yuasa YTZ7S but when i check online it says it should be a YTZ10S ??

you'd be suprised how sensitive they are to loose (slightly) terminals,i've had quite few times the bike has cut out or not started due to"slightly" loose connections.i put some silicone on there now to stop them working loose or yu can locktite them.

the YT7 is a small race battery which might explain it if you a re start/stopping a lot,the 10 is the bigger o/e size

you'd be suprised how sensitive they are to loose (slightly) terminals,i've had quite few times the bike has cut out or not started due to"slightly" loose connections.i put some silicone on there now to stop them working loose or yu can locktite them.

the YT7 is a small race battery which might explain it if you a re start/stopping a lot,the 10 is the bigger o/e size

+1

Gents how is the bigger battery YTZ10 secured in the bike as the dimensions are bigger than the currently fitted YT7 so cannot see the current plastic securing bracket fitting, or do I just remove the current setup and sit it in place ,my last Blade had a strap that went over the battery to secured it in place

as long as theres nothing in there to take the extra space using the yt7,it will just slot in,but has a top plastic bracket thing to hold it in place.when my battery died in spain (yt7) only one i could get was a yt10,but dont have the top platic thing,so just held in place with cable ties ;)

I agree with the battery terminal tightness. They need to be tight and a good connection. My positive was a tiny, tiny bit loose and my lean angle sensor stopped working each time the bike was started i.e the initial draw from the starter motor stopped the IMU comms.

I agree with the battery terminal tightness. They need to be tight and a good connection. My positive was a tiny, tiny bit loose and my lean angle sensor stopped working each time the bike was started i.e the initial draw from the starter motor stopped the IMU comms.

Ahh, I had the same issue with the lean angle sensor disappearing when I started the bike but it never really bothered me, since I tightened the connections the lean angle has stayed on when I started the bike, I fully charged the battery at the wknd so will see if it starts when I get back from work in 2wks time, fingers crossed it does and I don't need to replace the battery.

Back