RS2E V2019 ECU REMAP Review

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Excellent , thanks. I got a quote last year but never got around to sending it.

How are you finding the 58 degree shorter throttle and what gearing are you using? I've asked for a requote including the shorter throttle as I've been messy with it on the last few races, despite not being a problem before, but worried about it being a handful. The 16/43 or 44 gearing that everyone uses seems to be quite placid in comparison to the stock stuff so I reckon it's probably ok.

Throttle is easy to get used to.
Power delivery is very smooth, I'm not a wheelie kinda person but almost started pulling them for fun out if the 2nd gear corners.

Baz rode it, says its not as lively as his 16/46 120 setup...and the lack of punch maybe hurting out of said slower turns. 16/43 118 is nimble but maybe not playing to the strengths of the package.

- Alex

Power delivery is very smooth, I'm not a wheelie kinda person but almost started pulling them for fun out if the 2nd gear corners.

Baz rode it, says its not as lively as his 16/46 120 setup...and the lack of punch maybe hurting out of said slower turns. 16/43 118 is nimble but maybe not playing to the strengths of the package.

- Alex
Alex, where did you get HP4 throttle from?

- Alex

To be fair,I was expecting the bike to wheelie more(due to the shorter wheelbase)but,in my opinion,the dtc was holding it back(the dash display was reading 20-mine usually reads 0-2).

It would have been nice to try other modes and dtc levels.Certainly,the shorter throttle presented no problems.

I used a 118 link chain at Cadwell last round but moving to 120 for the next round in a couple of weeks at Anglesey which is more fast and flowing and benefits more stable bikes.

Last edited:
To be fair,I was expecting the bike to wheelie more(due to the shorter wheelbase)but,in my opinion,the dtc was holding it back(the dash display was reading 20-mine usually reads 0-2).

It would have been nice to try other modes and dtc levels.Certainly,the shorter throttle presented no problems.

Book a track day then ;)

Should have left the bike at yours! I'm in Denver then, you're welcome to come get it from London LOL

My ECU and throttle is with them now for simliar work. Working in the tech industry I'm really impressed with the professionalism, openness and good supply of information from these guys. I hope they are as on the ball as they seem since I'm gambling that it comes back next week in time for Anglesey the weekend after! Everyone I have spoke with in the UK has been a little too guarded which says to me they dont have as good a grasp on the details or they are old school and keeping their secrets close to heart which is guaranteed to fail in the long run in the tech industry. It's not what information you have any more since everyone has more than enough, it's what you do with it that makes the difference these days.

Fingers crossed mate. I'll likely get it into Phil Crowe or someone simliar for fine tuning on the dyno later on.

HM Racing have been super helpful and helping me out lots over the last few rounds actually, and yes they are closer as well so more likely that I will use them.

I?m super impressed with RS2E. They only received the ECU and Throttle assembly on Tuesday and it has already been mapped and throttle modified and on it?s way back to me via DHL today! We?re racing at Anglesey the weekend after next so I was quite worried it was not enough time and I?d be doing the usual last minute rush around.

Last edited:
Back