RS2E V2019 ECU REMAP Review

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can anyone share how do you launch the bike with this mapping?
We used mode 2, and also lowered the rpm to 6500.
Did a test with the original 9000 rpm and it was very difficult to control.

Held the grip fully open, and just released clutch(not dump, but not feathering neither)
Could only get 0-200kmh in 8.7 seconds, 250 meters.

Online sources mention the standard bike could do 0-200 in 6.8@209 meters?

Any tips? logs?
I would post mine but not sure how to attach here.
You're using RS2E?

The clutch is known to be grabby.
Many end up changing for an STM or Sigma

- Alex

You're using RS2E?

Yes.

On first gear I'm afraid the wheely control is not powerful enough? Or maybe should trust the ecu to handle it?

I dont know how to attach a picture, so here is a google drive link
https://drive.google.com/file/d/14BEhZNfHOBm7dsSo2eEhKfIpLCHp5oWj/view?usp=sharing

On the attached graph, can see that the front wheel lifted up and slowed down (purple line against red&yellow)
Front suspension is also just bouncing about.
Around 5.3 there's a big one, so i shut the throttle, tried to re-open but still the front felt like coming up.

Default is to launch at 9k rpm and slip it a lot.
Never tried LCON as I don't race/drag but 6500 seems low.

- Alex

Yes.

On first gear I'm afraid the wheely control is not powerful enough? Or maybe should trust the ecu to handle it?

I dont know how to attach a picture, so here is a google drive link
https://drive.google.com/file/d/14BEhZNfHOBm7dsSo2eEhKfIpLCHp5oWj/view?usp=sharing

On the attached graph, can see that the front wheel lifted up and slowed down (purple line against red&yellow)
Front suspension is also just bouncing about.
Around 5.3 there's a big one, so i shut the throttle, tried to re-open but still the front felt like coming up.

I dont have 2D sensor and data to backup the feeling, but when I start from the grid i'm full throttle at 9k and just feathering the clutch.
The wheel does come up a little bit, but that depends on the clutch feathering. I dont think I feel cut in throttle tho.
That was in Race +5.

I just road tested the new map. Ok the traction is different but I need to try it in the track. My first impression is that the throttle was way more agressive. After checking the data.. it is. I include a pic of the HP Race ECU throttle response and the RS2e throttle. Hand_throttle (my hand) and Throttle ( electronic throttle). As you can see the throttles bodies open more aggressively than the HP Race ECU does.

2019-110.png

Do you have the 58degree throttle grip as well? I find that really helpful for getting on the gas harder out of the corner.

- Alex

Some do like it some do not. I have a short Alpha racing throttle. (2010 gen). I have to check it in the track. It is very noticeably though. The way the traction works is different. I think it is more like "I help you find traction and go faster" instead of "I am watching you". I need to check it more in the track.

helped a friend flash his unit recently, looks like V2020 version is better. Not sure when they will stop improving the old bike, but it's nice to know they are still looking into it.
Looks like it would be great for UK guys with shorter tracks

In V2020 we added different max. Power Levels to the riding modes!
So you can adjust your max. Power in gears, which helps ridability with short gearings…
e.g. when you select “Sport” mode you get only approx.. 70% power in 1[SUP]st[/SUP] gear … and full power in 4[SUP]th[/SUP]

Well I made the first track day of the 2020 and the bike worked really well. The traction works very good with the RS2e adjustments. Is it perfect...no. It needs a bit of adjusting which is normal since the drivers/tracks are different. Did anyone try to adjust it from HP software?

Well I made the first track day of the 2020 and the bike worked really well. The traction works very good with the RS2e adjustments. Is it perfect...no. It needs a bit of adjusting which is normal since the drivers/tracks are different. Did anyone try to adjust it from HP software?
RCK3? Can you actually?

I suspect that Dave Wood, Paul Curran and Phil Crowe would all claim it to be similar.
You need the RCK-Pro system to do it.

I suspect that Dave Wood, Paul Curran and Phil Crowe would all claim it to be similar.
You need the RCK-Pro system to do it.

It's the TC / Anti-wheelie elements and the short throttle that interest me - I'd just prefer to take the bike to someone in the UK rather than send things like my ECU through the post.

It's the TC / Anti-wheelie elements and the short throttle that interest me - I'd just prefer to take the bike to someone in the UK rather than send things like my ECU through the post.

Yeah totally understand. I just boxed it up as safely as possible, and they did the same/better on return.
But, the brexit situation gives me more pause for thought. I mean how do you go about sending something there and back which effectively gets worked on whilst in country and sent back. Could it be done for import duties even though it's a temporary import and then a return to owner?

I would like to revive Alexs' thread to insert my experience and the results of using RS2E to remap my Gen4.
I have a 2022 Gen 4 S1000RR. Full Akra Titanium exhaust.
I went through all the options, researched, assessed, watched the videos and read the excerpts, and the forums and everything that all us enthusiasts do to come to a decision as to where and to whom to plonk our hard earned ?? and get an ECU remap.

In the end, after having a conversation with ALL possible providers;
I choose RS2E.
My reasons:
1. Alex on this forum has a map from them and thats a direct source to ask feedback from.
2. After speaking with Rainer from RS2E, Anything is possible. Custom maps if you want, different levels of mapping, anything you could think of.
I couldnt express to you the satisfaction in knowing that we have after sales full support in every way.
If it didnt work as expected, if the dealer wipes your map. Even if you have a warranty claim they can speak on your behalf to prove that it wasnt their map that did the damage, if thats the case.
3. Turnaround time. I took my ECU off in 8 minutes following the video on their website. Sent it to RS2E on a Monday, and on Friday I had it back. Full instructions, charts showing what the new maps will do. Everything. Well explained.

The bike is another level now!
Low down torque, amazing throttle response, smooth power delivery but balistic speed acceleration. POWER EVERYWHERE! IN all gears!!
And actually feels safer and more stable.
I would whole heartedly recommend these gentlemen in Germany with full confidence.
Transformed my bike and lovely people to deal with.
Have a look, have a word. You wont be disappointed.
Another happy customer.

I would like to revive Alexs' thread to insert my experience and the results of using RS2E to remap my Gen4.
I have a 2022 Gen 4 S1000RR. Full Akra Titanium exhaust.
I went through all the options, researched, assessed, watched the videos and read the excerpts, and the forums and everything that all us enthusiasts do to come to a decision as to where and to whom to plonk our hard earned ?? and get an ECU remap.

In the end, after having a conversation with ALL possible providers;
I choose RS2E.
My reasons:
1. Alex on this forum has a map from them and thats a direct source to ask feedback from.
2. After speaking with Rainer from RS2E, Anything is possible. Custom maps if you want, different levels of mapping, anything you could think of.
I couldnt express to you the satisfaction in knowing that we have after sales full support in every way.
If it didnt work as expected, if the dealer wipes your map. Even if you have a warranty claim they can speak on your behalf to prove that it wasnt their map that did the damage, if thats the case.
3. Turnaround time. I took my ECU off in 8 minutes following the video on their website. Sent it to RS2E on a Monday, and on Friday I had it back. Full instructions, charts showing what the new maps will do. Everything. Well explained.

The bike is another level now!
Low down torque, amazing throttle response, smooth power delivery but balistic speed acceleration. POWER EVERYWHERE! IN all gears!!
And actually feels safer and more stable.
I would whole heartedly recommend these gentlemen in Germany with full confidence.
Transformed my bike and lovely people to deal with.
Have a look, have a word. You wont be disappointed.
Another happy customer.

Leduke,

Which ecu flash did you put on your bike ?

I have had a very positive experience at the start of the month and highly recommend them too. I went for the ?R? version and the bike is fantastic.

But the voices in my head when I try to sleep keep telling me I should of got the ?c? version. I might need to change to the c or see a therapist to get the voices to stop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Shay, My thinking was; I am 60% road and 40% track. So I didnt do the "C" Version. (https://www.rs2e.de/leistungen-preise/katalog-bmw-motorrad)
I totally feel you with the dilemma however, I ride all year round and the R just seemed a far more logical option. I didnt even consider the S option.
Rainer is a top bloke, Im sure you can ask him to put the C on for a while and if you dont like it, put the R back.
He is most negotiable and you can try before you pull the trigger completely?
From the sounds of it, it would be cheaper then what you give your therapist at the mo.... :) :)

Back