RS2E V2019 ECU REMAP Review

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had a reply and quote that I?m happy with, just need to decide whether to go for this or a custom map from Phil Crowey or HM
Decisions Decisions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had a reply and quote that I?m happy with, just need to decide whether to go for this or a custom map from Phil Crowey or HM
Decisions Decisions

You can use RS2E as base and then map it HM for your engine.

You can use RS2E as base and then map it HM for your engine.

Phil Crowey says he can unlock the ECU and map the bike for ?900 so price wise not a lot in it but I suppose with Phil?s map it will be custom to the engine. Although I won?t get the throttle mod that way

Phil Crowey says he can unlock the ECU and map the bike for ?900 so price wise not a lot in it but I suppose with Phil?s map it will be custom to the engine. Although I won?t get the throttle mod that way

You won't get TC settings either as I understand

I had a small doubt over the 'meanings' in the diagram for the features of the RS2E map. I had assumed I had read it correctly but wanted to be sure.

View attachment 4319

Rainer supplied this confirmation.

Deactivated = no support (means in this row that wheelie control is off in Slick mode)
-- = very low support
- = low support
0 = normal support
+ = strong support

Alex, what DTC setting did you end using ? 0 or +3 ?

Packaged up and ready to go.
I?m going for the map and the throttle mod

37ba1b64ed209f5621e02e25d2c238d3.jpg

Last edited:
I've been using it 3rd trackday, mainly RACE +5, sometimes RACE +3. All in all, happy with it.

But I'm totally deaf, I can't hear TC kicking in. Got few slides at Brands GP this week, TC is defo active, but I can't hear any sound.

58 throttle is amazing.

Taking my BMW to HM racing next week to Dyno and do the fuel map. According to Reiner ignition table is already optimized to the max.

Just finished Dyno at HM racing today.

Initially I was very disappointed as the bike only showed 173 with a sharp fell off of power at top end, but luckily Tony found an issue with a disconnected trumpet that has been sitting there since bike rebuilt in Feb.

After fixing this the bike showed 189.23 on rear wheel.

HM said no adjustments necessary, fueling and shape of power/torque lines was perfectly fine.

094c04661773d0506a6a83f73f2a6396.jpg

Reassuring to hear it needed no adjustment.
189 at the wheel there is in line with other Gen3's.

- Alex

Reassuring to hear it needed no adjustment.
189 at the wheel there is in line with other Gen3's.

- Alex
Yep. Altho, it varies 192-188 depending on time of the year.

Mine also had Vpower (98 ron) in it.

Just finished Dyno at HM racing today.

Initially I was very disappointed as the bike only showed 173 with a sharp fell off of power at top end, but luckily Tony found an issue with a disconnected trumpet that has been sitting there since bike rebuilt in Feb.

After fixing this the bike showed 189.23 on rear wheel.

HM said no adjustments necessary, fueling and shape of power/torque lines was perfectly fine.

094c04661773d0506a6a83f73f2a6396.jpg

What was disconnected ?

What was disconnected ?

A trumpet motor inside the airbox (on left side) was not properly connected to short trumpets. It has never opened short trumpets hence limiting airflow at high RPMs.

Variable length intake trumpets
Low frequency sounds and resonance are associated with long conduits, while high frequencies are associated with shorter ones. For example, a trumpet (High notes) is shorter than a slide trombone (Low notes).

The intake side of a four stroke engine takes advantage of the pulses, created by the opening and closing of the intake valves, to create synchronized waves of incoming air that are used to ?supercharge? the cylinder with air on the intake stroke. A long intake trumpet does this nicely under 6000rpm (Good for torque), while a shorter trumpet works better from there to maximum rpm (Good for power).

This length change is accomplished by installing long two-piece intake trumpets and programming the Engine Control Unit (ECU) to separate the extra length when the rpm goes over a certain limit.

A trumpet motor inside the airbox (on left side) was not properly connected to short trumpets. It has never opened short trumpets hence limiting airflow at high RPMs.

Ahhh got a ya , never heard it referee tonas a trumpet haha.
Thanks mate I?ll be sure to check mine before it goes on the dyno

Can anyone share how do you launch the bike with this mapping?
We used mode 2, and also lowered the rpm to 6500.
Did a test with the original 9000 rpm and it was very difficult to control.

Held the grip fully open, and just released clutch(not dump, but not feathering neither)
Could only get 0-200kmh in 8.7 seconds, 250 meters.

Online sources mention the standard bike could do 0-200 in 6.8@209 meters?

Any tips? logs?
I would post mine but not sure how to attach here.

Can anyone share how do you launch the bike with this mapping?
We used mode 2, and also lowered the rpm to 6500.
Did a test with the original 9000 rpm and it was very difficult to control.

Held the grip fully open, and just released clutch(not dump, but not feathering neither)
Could only get 0-200kmh in 8.7 seconds, 250 meters.

Online sources mention the standard bike could do 0-200 in 6.8@209 meters?

Any tips? logs?
I would post mine but not sure how to attach here.

I launched 4 times fine at original 9k rpm during this weekend at Donny.

No issues whatsoever.

Back