RS2E V2019 ECU REMAP Review

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure why but a post I added earlier is missing...

So the crux of it was this;
Robert of RS2E and I discussed the RCK issue.

The RS2E map is a new base map - it affects changes to parameters which are not accessible to the RCK...as well as those that are.

He confirmed that:

• All RCK adjustments possible with the HP Power Kit are possible with the RS2E Map.
  • The RCK does not change the base RS2E map. It affect changes to other adjustment tables.
  • There is no way to damage the RS2E map with the RCK
  • If you disable the RCK changes you revert to the RS2E defaults like you would the OEM map.

• However, if you change the wheelie control for instance, it's like that across all modes.

BBB - power...it's different but not necessarily *more* than the RapidBike Race produced...without a dyno it's hard to tell but I think it's more accessible and the 58deg throttle is tuned so it's much more immediate. @monners will be able to talk about power increases over stock once he's run his in anger as he didn't have any piggyback ECU on before hand.

They shortened the HP4-Race throttle for me so A) that throttle isn't that short B) sacrificing a stock throttle is cheaper. I have OEM's spare to sling back on the bike another time.

This was my understanding so good to have it confirmed. I'm racing at Anglesey Friday to Sunday so really hoping the weather improves as we haven't had a round that has not been 'survival mode' yet and I'm just starting to feel like I'm getting the bike sorted. Some forecasts are for the wet stuff on Friday and Saturday but others are more optimistic so I'm using them for morale purposes!

I've changed from a 118 to a 120 chain for Anglesey since it's fast corners and the stability of the longer wheelbase should help. I also feel like I've got the right springs in there now. For me it is all about usability so I'm hoping that I have a good all round base setup now with everything ticked and I can feel more confident pushing the bike.

I didn't feel like spending the extra money on the RCK3 but fortunately I've managed to get a cheaper second one in case I want to play with the TC,etc some more. I'll report back on how the RS2E mapping and throttle mods feel :)

Last edited:
Ha I'm still processing the weekend plus catching up with work so havn't managed to do anything. I can say it was absolutely awesome and finally got a weekend that has 100% confirmed it was the right choice choosing the BMW! It's taken quite a while and lots of work to get the bike setup but now it's there I have a massive smile on my face!

The Alpha traction control is something else. On the Panigales and the BMW before now I just turn the electronics right down or off as they just seem to get in the way. With these new maps it's like the GP boys. I've not got the balls to nail it from the apex yet but you can smash it and ride the electronics and it will pop and bang and shoot you out of the corners. It's quite a surreal experience that I've only really ever seen whilst chasing down Yamaha R1M in the past. I never thought I would say it but I'm a full convert. Its so much fun! The bike feels really fast and powerful and its not like you have sudden cheat powers to not crash but race orientated TC works so much more predictably to go fast rather than the road stuff being over safe and intervening right when you dont want it to.

I must also do a shout out to www.rs2e.de/en/ as their service was exceptional. They received the ECU and throttle assembly on tuesday and they had it modified and mapped and back to me by Friday. Importantly for me they also were completely open with their information and telling me everything I needed to know which for me working in the tech industry is a sign they knew what they were doing.

Attachments

• alglesey1.jpg
    alglesey1.jpg
    345.6 KB · Views: 81
Cool.
I need to try the throttle mashing sometime.
Btw Alpha are just middlemen. Its an RS2E map first and foremost.

- Alex

I started on rain mode TC3 as they advised. The audible traction control is great, really gives you confidence when you know how much its working. It was on every corner in rain mode but with full power available it was still damn fast. I switched to sport TC3 next session and it felt much more natural; just kicking in where you'd expect it more. I've never had electronics that actually help you go faster; normally the dampening of feeling does my head in so I just turn it all right down or off. My normal BMW settings are race mode TC -7 with a little more if I'm being particularly cautious. With these new maps the bike feels amazing. Even when turned up quite high like sport TC3 it doesn't slow you down, just does its thing and fires you out of the corners.

I switched down to Race mode and TC0 the mid point for the rest of the day and that felt more lively but decided to go back to Sport mode TC0 for the next days sprint races which worked really well especiallyl as my rear tyre got worn down and started spinning up. The idea for settling on that was because I was not getting much intervention in race mode at all and decided to try to work on the edge of the TC operation.

Lovely job, thanks for taking the time. Maybe we should run both bikes to HM for a dyno and fettle? Might do us a deal for 2...

Re: the liveliness, the gearing at this point was 16/43/120 yeah?

I think I'll go back to Sport TC0 for Donnington and see if I can wind it off from there. I *think* in sport you get more anti-wheelie (I am awaiting confirmation) and so I can have strong anti-wheelie in Sport but wind the DTC down till it intervenes less.

You've reminded me of a few more things there actually. I was on 16/43 to start with but I'm not quite fast enough for that gearing at Anglesey (my times got down to 1'14.4'') and although there was loads of power available I was dropping down the revs on corner exit so knew if could be improved. I switched to 16/44 for the sprint races and it was much better on corner exit. I also let off a click of high speed compression dampening on the rear shock to get it to squat more on the power and reduce wheelies a little.

I had a small doubt over the 'meanings' in the diagram for the features of the RS2E map. I had assumed I had read it correctly but wanted to be sure.

Screenshot 2019-05-20 at 11.58.37.png

Rainer supplied this confirmation.

Deactivated = no support (means in this row that wheelie control is off in Slick mode)
-- = very low support
- = low support
0 = normal support
+ = strong support

Turn the volume up and take a look at this sillyness at Brands Hatch Indy evening session the other day. As seems to often be the case the evening sessions are a bit ridiculous with the speeds in the two groups. This was the 'advanced' group but was basically a fast novice group. We managed to tear around being idiots without upsetting anyone I think (hope!). This was my first time at Brands Hatch Indy and I'm taking wrong lines all over the place but the bike is feeling really good now and the new race mapping is brilliant. I'm a full convert to the audio traction control; its great being able to hear when it is operating and adjusting your riding and settings to make best use of it. I got down to around 52'' after a couple sessions in the afternoon but the evening sessions had too much traffic to go any faster. The vid is around 54'' ish.

Last edited:
How fast are they responding on emails?

I'm waiting 2nd day on a quote that Robert said he will send asap.

Fast usually.
Evenings too.
But if you've asked anything non-standard he maybe waiting an an answer himself.

- Alex

I think they were off doing something yesterday since they replied to me very late at night. They are usually extremely quick with service.

I?ve sent them an enquiry through their website and a separate email and also tried to phone them today with no joy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back