Hi everyone.

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chuds1

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to say hi as I am going to be joining the club.

I pick up my new (well new to me) 2015 S1000RR next week. I am changing from a Ducati Panigale 1199S so looking forward to get on something that does everything well.

And the new one

looking forward to all the advise you can give me on what?s best to upgrade to make it even better. 👍

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new RR!

What has your Ducati ownership been like and what have been your favourite experiences onboard your Panigale?

Gen 3 RR?s are amazing bikes, am certain you?ll be entirely satisfied whether you use it on road or track [emoji41]

In terms of upgrades, the standard bike is fantastic, so apart from crash protection and radiator guards it really just depends on how you intend to use the bike [emoji846]

Enjoy the forum, there is a wonderful community on here and loads of information.
I hope you have a great year on two wheels ahead of you [emoji4]

- Oli

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new RR!

What has your Ducati ownership been like and what have been your favourite experiences onboard your Panigale?

Gen 3 RR?s are amazing bikes, am certain you?ll be entirely satisfied whether you use it on road or track [emoji41]

In terms of upgrades, the standard bike is fantastic, so apart from crash protection and radiator guards it really just depends on how you intend to use the bike [emoji846]

Enjoy the forum, there is a wonderful community on here and loads of information.
I hope you have a great year on two wheels ahead of you [emoji4]

- Oli

Hi Oil,

Thanks for the reply.

I dont want to offened any Ducati owners as this is just my own opinion but I?ll be totally honest I wasn?t that impressed with the Ducati build quality. I think the final nail in the coffin was when it broke down due to the fact I was out in the rain. I have to say though I do think the Panigale is beautiful looking but it needs to be more than that for me.

Really looking forward to getting to know the RR. As for upgrades it?ll just be cosmetics really, end can, nice screen, levers. The bike is totally standard so it a nice starting point. I?ve been reading lots about the bike and have read that there is a lot of vibration through the bars. That?s probably going to be the first thing I tackle, need to find some heavy bar ends.

:encouragement:

Hi Oil,

Thanks for the reply.

I dont want to offened any Ducati owners as this is just my own opinion but I?ll be totally honest I wasn?t that impressed with the Ducati build quality. I think the final nail in the coffin was when it broke down due to the fact I was out in the rain. I have to say though I do think the Panigale is beautiful looking but it needs to be more than that for me.

Really looking forward to getting to know the RR. As for upgrades it?ll just be cosmetics really, end can, nice screen, levers. The bike is totally standard so it a nice starting point. I?ve been reading lots about the bike and have read that there is a lot of vibration through the bars. That?s probably going to be the first thing I tackle, need to find some heavy bar ends.

:encouragement:

Your Ducati experience is far from uncommon, thankfully the BMW warranty is excellent and the vast majority of owners on here have had excellent experiences.
Fully agree with you though, Panigale?s are stunning looking bikes, in my opinion one of the best looking ever made.
In my opinion it?s like the Porsche vs Ferrari experience of old.

I was extremely worried about the ?vibration? issue that is posted on the internet, but after a test ride that myth was dispelled and in my ownership experience I have not found the vibration to be unacceptable. I have always found twin cylinder bikes, GS?s included to vibrate considerably more.
That being said, there is a prominent clip-on vibration at ~ 4k rpm. This can be considerably reduced with heavier bar ends. A forum favourite and what I would recommend are the Positive Vibes bar ends by @GixxerChuck

- Oli

Thanks for the info Oli.
Once I pick the bike up next week and get out a longer run I?ll see how I get on with the vibes.

Hi, I've read about vibration on S1000RR's on various forums... but I've never experienced it myself with the standard handlebars or with my now raised Gilles Bars. Strange. The only change made from new was to actually remove the bar ends and the huge M12 bolts that hold them on and replace them with the plastic R&G bar ends. It's always been as smooth as silk. Maybe I was lucky and got a reasonably balanced crank. They seem to vary.....

Quick update.
I picked my new bike up on Thursday and have only had one 90 mile run on it as I brought it home. I have to say I’m well impressed so far and I am well happy I made the change from the Ducati. I did however find the ears quite buzzy around the 4K mark. Something I’ll look into by changing the bar ends. I see Evotech sell a heavy set of bar ends, has anyone had any experience of using them.

The only major thing that surprised me was that the bike had the 9k Rev limiter restriction on. The bike has got 4600 miles on the clock, I called the dealer back and they informed me that it should have been removed at 600 miles. So it’s ran the whole time with the Rev limiter on. The previous owner has gave the bike an easy time. :smile-new:

So I now have to go back to the dealer to have it removed. Is there any other option for mapping the bike at the dealer, as I am now having to take another day out to go back. Might try my luck.

Welcome.....Give Charlie Mac a message. I swapped the stock bar end for the ones he makes... They are heavier and considerablly reduce the vibration for me to nearly zezo. They are a brilliant finish too. Definately try them.

Congratulations on your new bike @chuds1

+1 on the Positive Vibes bar ends from @GixxerChuck , they?re excellent.
There will always be some vibration around the 4K rpm mark though, it?s a feature [emoji846]

- Oli

Back