stock motor-v-SBK motor

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yea think so,the 2d extension box runs via the hp logger,but to run the lambda sensor,you need the extension box.

no reason you cant put the rear pot on,easy enough to fit onto the ohlins rear shock,and if you have the hp logger,or something like the Aim evo4/5 or solo DL,it connects dirext into the ECU and will log your suspension,inc front if you have the front pot fitted.the evo can connect a LCU one lambda sensor also as it has external inputs on them,the solo DL doesn't though.

i dont know much about the 2d software/capabilities stuff tbh as i've always ran Aim logging,although sold a full 2d/hp logging setup to monners,inc the lambda sensor etc,so he'll have a better idea with regard to that.

so everytime you ride on the road,you alter your mapping? your keen if nothing else.

After some time the differences are in 1% range. For the road you need 2 maps (or 3 if you have the time to tune)...Summer and Winter. For the track it is a different story:courage:. It is time consuming but if you use Excel you can reduce the time needed for a tune significantly.
Sorry I have not made the ignition map yet. There is a lot of HP hidden there but it is also a bit dangerous unless you tune it correct. With ignition you really NEED the dyno (for the moment I do not have one near me working). You have a very strong motor to work and if you have the assets it is a great motor platform to use.

depends what tune you go for 5.2 (s/stock),6.2(SBK) or 7.2 (WSBK). but they reccomend around that mileage yea.tbh unless your at the sharp end racing i wouldn't bother with any of it,it's silly money for the tune(plus the air box mod,the fact you have toget the RCK3 aswell,and the reccomendation of the full WSBK akky system,then the 1700euro off set sump,then the 800 euro billet oil pump extension and then keeping on top of the refreshing is expensive.

like i posted up origianlly,to buy this motor would cost around ?17,000 that includes the NOVA Lita gearbox (?3600),theres not a chance in hell i'd ever pay that for an engine,i was just lucky enough to buy a bike with it already in

Back