Rounded a bolt fitting new rear sets

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alhitch

Reaction score
Hi guys

I?ve just finished fitting my new HP rearsets to the bike however in the process of doing this I?ve rounded a bolt that links the gear linkage to the lever.

There isn?t much room to move this bolt hence it?s happened, but now I have a little bit of play in the gear lever side to side,which isn?t ideal.

Will this have any adverse effects? Or do you have any suggestions on how to get it out? It?s the bolt hat sit behind the rubber gator of that helps.

Thanks

Alex

I replaced both ones at either end of the qs rod with stainless from probolt. Seem to remember they were like chocolate. I would use visegrip to remove and replace with stainless

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Managed to get everything fitted, found that I started hitting a false neutral between 1st and 2nd which the bike never did before, I adjusted the rearset hoping this would fix the problem and now it seems hit it between 4th and 5th....

I?m confused now and don?t know how to fix this, does this mean my wuickshifter is broke or do I just need to readjust the rearset again

Back