Michelin Power RS

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use RS on my RR. Absolutely love them, Run at 36F 40R on the road and they're fantastic. Was running at 30F 32R at Snetterton on Monday. I've suffered cold tear before with them, but I've scrubbed that out completely now.

Never tried them in the wet yet, but told they are fine (not planning on finding out).

these are the road pressures my mate has found the best for road as well. :)

My mate says I leave plenty black lines on the corners...maybe it's just me but I get that biting in feeling when dialling the power in on a corner...black lines are always a good sign....as long as their not Skid Mark's lol..

Try a pair and drop the pressures..I really don't think you'll be disappointed .

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

My mate says I leave plenty black lines on the corners...maybe it's just me but I get that biting in feeling when dialling the power in on a corner...black lines are always a good sign....as long as their not Skid Mark's lol..

Try a pair and drop the pressures..I really don't think you'll be disappointed .

I dont see how they are any better than Rosso Corso 2.

Aw no..were not going to start this again !

If what you use works for you go for it, the Michelins are good for me...6 inches between the ears my man..

Hardest part in Golf... motorbikes are the same imo..

Last edited:

Great. The OP asked what we thought of Power RS's. They didn't ask what would be better for the track, rain, commuting etc etc they simply asked for feedback.
Why not create a thread on the Rosso Corsa II's and give some detailed feedback like wear rate etc if you're so concerned we're missing out.
I assume the II's are a great tyre...not sure anyone doubts that.

Great. The OP asked what we thought of Power RS's. They didn't ask what would be better for the track, rain, commuting etc etc they simply asked for feedback.
Why not create a thread on the Rosso Corsa II's and give some detailed feedback like wear rate etc if you're so concerned we're missing out.
I assume the II's are a great tyre...not sure anyone doubts that.
Well, then the thread should be created in Talks and ChitChats section instead of BMW Garage.

I was hoping to understand more about RS tyres but all I read in the thread how good they are and nothing else. Not a word about compound and carcass design.

Although I've been reading about them on teh internet and by the looks of it, they are really road tyres so match Rosso 3. Rosso Corsa 2 is one level higher.

Last edited:
Can I jump in too. If your not going fast enough for running pirelli sc1/sc2 on the street your wasting your time/grip/BMWness

(For clarity my BMW prob crys everytime I ride it cos I rarely rev it out. I just have fun)

-troll

Define higher?
But yes the Rosso 3's would be more of the expected comparison level.

- Alex
They are dual compound tyres. The outer compound is the same as on Supercorsas and hence more sticky.

Higher means has better performance characteristics as everything in the auto moto sport.

They are dual compound tyres. The outer compound is the same as on Supercorsas and hence more sticky.

Higher means has better performance characteristics as everything in the auto moto sport.

In my opinion, just because a tyre is more track focused, it does not make it a higher performing tyre.

For me a high performing tyre needs to heat up very quickly using it at Road speeds and stay hot. It also needs to still be safe to continue when you get caught in the rain.

That's why I've chosen the RS's, as all the reviews say this is what they are good at.

In my opinion, just because a tyre is more track focused, it does not make it a higher performing tyre.

For me a high performing tyre needs to heat up very quickly using it at Road speeds and stay hot. It also needs to still be safe to continue when you get caught in the rain.

That's why I've chosen the RS's, as all the reviews say this is what they are good at.
Surely a track-oriented compound (read Supercorsa) will heat up much quicker than of road tyre. Another question will it be preserving heat. Or am I missing something? Also you can always adjust the pressures to achieve the desired effect.

Longevity is another question of course...

Surely a track-oriented compound (read Supercorsa) will heat up much quicker than of road tyre. Another question will it be preserving heat. Or am I missing something? Also you can always adjust the pressures to achieve the desired effect.

Longevity is another question of course...

supercorsa's dont heat up as quick as say a m7rr, they also loose heat very quickly in the cold or in wet conditions un-like the m7rr. this is why there a more track focused tyre as they have a much smaller window they will work in. obviously in the dry and in this window there a good track tyre but with all conditions on the road there not all that good imo.

Last edited:
Michelin Power RS Plus
The rear tire of the Power RS has been reworked and gets a better + for better distinction

The mileage was improved by a higher abrasion resistance.
A new rubber compound promises a significantly better wet grip
The carcass is also new and should allow easier handling and more ride comfort.
Just the rear tyres was replaced with the RS+

Thanks Stu, I thought it might have been told to 'stay away from them' [emoji51] Ghost Bikes are my goto place for a bargain (not for tyres though)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Back