Michelin Power RS

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r25sti

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
anyone used them, ive just fitted a set as a mate has them on his gixer thou and he rates them. ive been very happy with the m7rr (had 6 sets) but thought i would try something different.

ggY8dgQ.jpg

I believe @GixxerChuck has used them and was impressed with them.

I will be interested to hear feedback on the Power RS?s as am considering them or the new Bridgestone S22?s next, decisions decisions lol

- Oli

I will be interested to hear feedback on the Power RS’s as am considering them or the new Bridgestone S22’s next, decisions decisions lol

- Oli

long sunny weekend coming so i should have some feedback. :)

I will be interested to hear feedback on the Power RS’s as am considering them or the new Bridgestone S22’s next, decisions decisions lol

- Oli

I'm in the same boat. I'm inclined to try the rs after I seen them after a very high pace hot day. They looked like a racing slick the wear pattern.

But I love Bridgestones. The drag will be the final straw for my s21s tho

Yep. Surprisingly good in the wet and capable in the dry. Different turn rate than Pirelli and Metzeler (slower) but stable all the way to the edge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've just fitted them to mine last weekend. Heard lots of good reports about them.

Only managed a quick run around the town with them, and a very short burst of a couple of miles.

In the 15 or 20 miles I've done with them, the abs activated 3 times, braking hard, but only from about 60mph. I'm hoping its just as the tyres are brand new but being sitting in the corner of the shed since the end of last summer. It was a bit un-nerving as bike really wasn't wanting to slow down, I'll certainly be very wary when I finally get out for a decent run on them, and be taking it very easy for a good bit before winding it up, as well as giving the bike a very good going over to ensure that I've not put something back together wrong.

That's weird, I'm was just about to post my thoughts and pass on my experience of said Michelin Power RS!
I fitted a set last May (replacing Metz Race Tech, which are very good) I've probably covered less than 2000 miles and they are shot! I'll definitely need to replace for the MOT in May. I could still use them on the road the profile is perfect, it's the top tread which is done. I have to admit the Michelin's are very good. The tyre works well from the start/cold and warms up quickly, I couldn't say which tyre I'd choose between the two? I'll replace with the cheaper option. I used them at Cadwell Park yesterday (and it was bloody cold early on) without one 'moment' (although it was my first Track Day & I'm no Lorenzo [emoji23]) It's worth noting a number of articles regarding tyres often state 'there is no such thing as a bad (modern) motorcycle tyre?) I bet that statement provkes some debate [emoji23][emoji23]
I hope this helps.
Ian

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

It's worth noting a number of articles regarding tyres often state 'there is no such thing as a bad (modern) motorcycle tyre?) I bet that statement provkes some debate [emoji23][emoji23]
Would agree generally but also say that some tyres work better in different circumstances. I won?t use supercorsas as they won?t warm up enough on the road. Different if I was on track.
Tyres are also very much a personal thing. What I like you may not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm on at least my third set of RSs...every bit as good if not better than PP 2CTs which I ran for maybe 10 years till I bought my HP... Michelin didn't produce a 200 section pilot power...

I run 30F 32R on the road... never had a moment and totally decent wear rates.. excellent warm uptimes

Had a few sets of 7RRs on and thought they were excellent..but like playing Golf...it's all in the 6 inches between the ears...personal preference and what your comfy with... I totally rate them..

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I'm on at least my third set of RSs...every bit as good if not better than PP 2CTs which I ran for maybe 10 years till I bought my HP... Michelin didn't produce a 200 section pilot power...

I run 30F 32R on the road... never had a moment and totally decent wear rates.. excellent warm uptimes

Had a few sets of 7RRs on and thought they were excellent..but like playing Golf...it's all in the 6 inches between the ears...personal preference and what your comfy with... I totally rate them..

thats some low pressures your running on road, how do they wear with those pressures?

Meant to add, as far as mileage goes I don't bother checking...they last as long as anything else I've used...

From memory I've had... a pair of Super Corsas..fitted when I bought bike..

Then moved on to M7RRs x 2... a few pairs ( 3 maybe) of Power Super Sports and now 3rd set of Power RS.

I think they're excellent.

Meant to add, as far as mileage goes I don't bother checking...they last as long as anything else I've used...

From memory I've had... a pair of Super Corsas..fitted when I bought bike..

Then moved on to M7RRs x 2... a few pairs ( 3 maybe) of Power Super Sports and now 3rd set of Power RS.

I think they're excellent.

Have you ever tried Rosso Corsa 2?

Corsa 2 are pretty good - haven't tracked them yet (plenty on corsa tough) really impressed with wear rate though backs done 4000 miles so far and should be good for a couple 1000 more (corsa would be shagged by now 1mm tread at 3500m ish)
I use 36/36 road and 30/30 track and ride to and from
will defo use again

I use RS on my RR. Absolutely love them, Run at 36F 40R on the road and they're fantastic. Was running at 30F 32R at Snetterton on Monday. I've suffered cold tear before with them, but I've scrubbed that out completely now.

Never tried them in the wet yet, but told they are fine (not planning on finding out).

Back