Michelin Power RS

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Stu, I thought it might have been told to 'stay away from them' [emoji51] Ghost Bikes are my goto place for a bargain (not for tyres though)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk
They are spot on.. pretty sure theres a few on here that's used them... Ryan's one I think.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

supercorsa's dont heat up as quick as say a m7rr, they also loose heat very quickly in the cold or in wet conditions un-like the m7rr. this is why there a more track focused tyre as they have a much smaller window they will work in. obviously in the dry and in this window there a good track tyre but with all conditions on the road there not all that good imo.
Do you have any links to read about it?

I'm very skeptical about supercorsa not heating up quickly. Surely it's compound and pressure dependent as well ? SC3 surely do ?

Do you have any links to read about it?

I'm very skeptical about supercorsa not heating up quickly. Surely it's compound and pressure dependent as well ? SC3 surely do ?

just going by my own experience of road riding on both these tyres. you can feel when there warmed up and then when you run into wet roads how quick you loose grip due to cooling. the racetec K1/K2 are the same. the m7rr's are ready after about 1 mile the sc take about 3 to 4 miles for the same feeling on the same stretch of road. where i live im lucky to have fast bendy roads on my doorstep and you know when your tyres are ready for action. ive only run medium compounds as i dont need super sticky on the road. The m7's dont give as much overall grip but on road stop start riding there a far better tyre imo. if you want to look at it in a more extreme way the dunlop slicks i run on track with no warmers on a hot day would take at least 2 laps if not 3 laps before there ready and on a cold day dont even bother with them as they wont heat up at all and these are as sticky as it gets when there hot.
not saying they dont heat quick compared to some but its about keeping heat as well for road riding and the more track focused tyre dont.

just going by my own experience of road riding on both these tyres. you can feel when there warmed up and then when you run into wet roads how quick you loose grip due to cooling. the racetec K1/K2 are the same. the m7rr's are ready after about 1 mile the sc take about 3 to 4 miles for the same feeling on the same stretch of road. where i live im lucky to have fast bendy roads on my doorstep and you know when your tyres are ready for action. ive only run medium compounds as i dont need super sticky on the road. The m7's dont give as much overall grip but on road stop start riding there a far better tyre imo. if you want to look at it in a more extreme way the dunlop slicks i run on track with no warmers on a hot day would take at least 2 laps if not 3 laps before there ready and on a cold day dont even bother with them as they wont heat up at all and these are as sticky as it gets when there hot.
not saying they dont heat quick compared to some but its about keeping heat as well for road riding and the more track focused tyre dont.

What is the ambient temperature in places where you ride?

How do you know that a tyre is cold? TC kicks in too often? Rear slips ?

To be honest, I'm not sure I'm able to notice differences in heating up time on public roads, especially in the UK. Quality of tarmac is somewhat average.

Dunlop KR108 slicks come in 5 compounds. I never tried them without warmers, but off 80C 40mins they almost ready to go for my tempo.
But then again, pressure, rear comp/rebound settings are integral part of how quickly the rear heats up.

What is the ambient temperature in places where you ride?

How do you know that a tyre is cold? TC kicks in too often? Rear slips ?

To be honest, I'm not sure I'm able to notice differences in heating up time on public roads, especially in the UK. Quality of tarmac is somewhat average.

Dunlop KR108 slicks come in 5 compounds. I never tried them without warmers, but off 80C 40mins they almost ready to go for my tempo.
But then again, pressure, rear comp/rebound settings are integral part of how quickly the rear heats up.

when i ride out its generally the same time in the morning on sunny summers days. its quite easy to feel when the grip arrives as its no longer feeling like riding on glass. as i said in all my post this is just my opinion. im not getting too technical as its not possible due to the many different parameters. everyone ride different and put different stresses into there tyres. all i know is (IMO) the road biased tyres heat quicker and give better grip virtually from the off every time i ride in the cold, hot,wet or dry. The track biased tyres need more time to heat and give the same and then better feeling of grip. Like i said i have great roads on my door step so im generally pushing hard as soon as i feel i can. As for the dunlops have you never used them in the spring/autumn when air and track temps are a little down and there's a red flag that holds you for a fair few minits, its not fun for a good couple of laps whatever compound you run on.

Pays to check pressures and not rely on airline gauge .... rear was at 36 ! Wear is fine.. even at that they were faultless.. front was at 30...
40492f5e9a4e0515088765495a4737a5.jpg
dc3e5cc95143ec5ec671e8ac192036ae.jpg
c873fda8f9689a54f96b7a09e44935b7.jpg
e360b1a5c6ebd0ebaa91837022e8d744.jpg

just to add to my post, i run the RS tyres in yesterday and had a little play today. 400 miles done. running 36/38 which is what i run most road tyres on and there were very good, much more front end feel compared to the m7rr's but did take about 2 miles to get up to a temperature that i was happy to chuck it into the corners. they defo take more time to warm than the m7's but give quite a bit more grip once warm. The turn is quite a lot faster than the warn m7's i just removed. the lack of tread makes me feel wary about the wet roads but not tried them in the wet yet and hopefully wont have to. :) max lean angle over the last 2 days was 53 degrees and they felt very planted at that where the m7's were a little wallowy at that most of the time although still gripped well.

ZEMROo0.jpg

vZZslay.jpg

Mine were fantastic today... never stepped out of line once... those outer edges are super sticky when hot... pics are after a 400 mile day
85225aa6c38c4eeca331595d96f7c03c.jpg
b09e9da4e82b92ec512da36fe5db2983.jpg

Has anyone had the rear squirm under hard acceleration? I think it's because my rear rebound needs stiffening up a bit, but i'm not exactly experienced in this area hence the query :) I love the setup excluding the squirm so I am reluctant to tinker without some professional guidance.

I run 30F 32R ish. The grip is fine and overall very stable, but under hard acceleration from a longer/faster corner there's severe squirming. Below is from a hot day on track and I couldn't find a nice balance, as I dropped the psi the squirm didn't change, but I only dropped psi from road 30/32 as you can see from the heat going through the tyre.

uaeJ4R3
uaeJ4R3.jpg

I use Power RS, I haven?t had any such experience. I recently did a track day at Cadwell Park (my first) it was a cold dry day, the wear was very similar to the wear you've posted in pictures. I can't fault the tyres. I ran 30/30 thanks to advice from Oli who will be happy to help you too I'm sure!
Ian

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

I ran these on my Tuono round the NC500 last year and had a couple of moments in the wet with them that didn’t help confidence.
Got them on my R1 spare wheels and I actually changed them out for my originals with the M7RR fitted before I went out yesterday. Never have any issues with the M7RR it just does what it does. I might fire the Michelin’s back on after trying the M7RR while they’re fresh in my head and see how they compare.

for the record, I always use Oponeo for tyres and they’ve been great although you need to be careful of tyres dates with them sometimes as they can be older tyres but they are the cheapest.

well, i dont think much of the power RS after trying them for a little longer. stability over 48 degrees is really poor. the tyre moves around loads and on damp roads its hard to tell if its the tyre or the damp so very off putting. I will try them again when the roads are warmer but early morning warm up takes ages and you loose the grip quickly when in traffic or towns. the most i have got is 50 degrees on the left and 53 degrees on the right . swapped back onto the m7rr's this week and within 30 miles on new tyres ive got 53 on the left and 56 on the right. the m7's are very stable when there new but do get wallowy later in there life but for me i will stick with the M7's for now.

Last edited:
What pressures were you using? If the Power RS is softer than the metzeler then it needs more pressure.

- Alex

What pressures were you using? If the Power RS is softer than the metzeler then it needs more pressure.

- Alex

i used 36 psi front but it was the rear i wasnt happy with. i tried the 38 that i use in the m7rr's then 40 psi and finally 42 psi. they felt the same with all. my mate who was raving about the RS has also come to the conclusion there not as good all round on his gixer thou as well.

Fair play.
Sounds like you ran decent pressure in them.
Diablo Rosso 3's should be similar to the M7's if you change again.

I fancy some Dunlops if it goes back on the road.

- Alex

Back