Bike not dropping in

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Focus3078

Reaction score
My 2015 gen3 doesn?t seem to be dropping into corners the way it should when the tyres are warm,av always dropped my top yoke 5mm on my sports bikes for this reason though that the 1000rr would be fine but low and behold it ain?t so when about dropping the top yoke,havnt been out on it yet so lest see if it makes a difference as it seemed to be wanting to drift wide everso slightly but enough to make me realise,my top yoke was flush with the fork legs couldn?t see the gold stantion..

Geometry

Arbitrarily dropping the yokes is not always the answer. The S1000RR is extremely sensitive to geometry changes so you are more than likely just going to make the issue worse. The best advice to begin with is to leave the geometry as per the Factory settings; set front and rear preload and then get out and experiment with compression and rebound.

As Ryan says,do not waste your time dropping the front on a Gen3.What worked(sort of) on a Gen1 does not work on a Gen2 or Gen3.

flat and long generally speaking,but until it's set up right re. suspension,wont make much difference what you do,will always feel wrong

Using D212 Dunlops alone made a huge difference to how mine dropped into a corner. So consider the tyre profile.

- Alex

Using D212 Dunlops alone made a huge difference to how mine dropped into a corner. So consider the tyre profile.

- Alex
What Alex said.
I was a Michelin man for yrs when I had the r6 and the r1. I stuck them on the bm and it felt horrible, it wouldn't turn in. I changed to a rounder profile of the dunlop and all good now

Sent from my H8416 using Tapatalk

Back