Jerez ?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

[email protected]

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm going to Jerez for the first time(look'n forward to it), is it true hotel by the track is a little isolated, no shops or restaurants near by? As we're flying direct, I wasn't planning on hiring a rental car . .

By default none of the TD organisers stay there, though some have it as an upgrade option.
The Golf Hotel is quite nice, but yes I wouldn't try to be without a car even there.

When are you intending on going - just booked October with FE myself.

i suspect your talking about cuava(sp) park,not the golf complex?

the general hotels for jerez is either sherry park or hotel jerez+spa. which are located very close to town centre and a 10 min drive in the morning to circuit.both nice hotels with pools etc.

cuava park is prob a 5 min walk (as is the golf hotel) and does good food but is isolated with regard to the main town centre.

it depends who your going with,tracksense have just been and stayed at a hotel which nobody has ever stayed at before,it's tagged on to the football stadiuim(think best western style hotel).CFM stay at hotel jerez usually aswell (we did last time)

the general hotels for jerez is either sherry park or hotel jerez+spa. which are located very close to town centre and a 10 min drive in the morning to circuit.both nice hotels with pools etc.

Yep, i've stayed in both of those, and they are very nice. I'm back again in December, think its the Jerez&Spa again this time. The MotoGP boys stay there when testing too, so if its good enough for them...

Jerez town is brilliant, lots of places to eat and drink. You will need a car, as the circuit is fairly isolated (if nothing else, you'll need to go get petrol!)

as above,really need a car regardless (i'm there in november :),oh and May+June!!)

Jerez

I?ve always hired a car whenever I?ve been to Jerez, or any other European circuit for that matter. Just rent something small and cheap from the airport to get you from the hotel to the circuit and back each day.

Thanks for the replies everyone, thanks Scooby for the detailed hotel list and locations. I've only ever been to Almeria(although maybe 11 times), but really fancied a change, and have heard(seen) Jerez is one special, and fast track.
I'm booked with FE on May 30th, and seem to remember Cuava might be the hotel they put you in. I thought I might get away with not having a rental this time, as was told the track is only 5 mins from Cuava, I know it's always nice to
have a car, but was feeling a little guilty for booking this one, and trying to keep costs down. I'm sure I'll hook up with a familiar face, and get a lift in and out. Is there no petrol at the track, Focused normally supply it, I'll ask them. It's a new track for me, and was a little undecided whether I should go group 3 as usual, or start out in 2, I managed to get into the '49's at Almeria, might go in 2 tho. Yea, I'm looking forward to this, one day I'd like to drive down from Santander, bring my own car for a road trip.

no probs,cuava is definatley walkable,about 10 mins or so,but you are tied here then if you have no transport,fuel with FE wont be an issue as you say,they supply it,but if you want to really enjoy jerez,you should reallly go see the old town,some great restaurants there,but if you'll end knowing people going can always catcha lift with them.
49's round almeria is fast group pace at jerez,but they run chrono anyway so tbh,i'd book group2 for 1st time,then once settled on the track your times will move you up anyway,it's weird one jerez,some times it can be a quick trip (56's is cut off for fast group,or can be into the 2 mins,just depends wh's there,but it's quite an easy track to get your head around,just needs a bit balls to get a time.the stadium section turns 9-12 are awesome when you hook them up right,and last corner is a great one for cheeky passes on the inside :)

Thanks Scooby, 'appreciate the low down. Yea, I might reconsider hiring a car, as part of the reason for Jerez was to see somewhere different in Spain, and of course it's a beautiful town.
I agree, I'll start in 2 and learn the track, man I'm now really looking forward to it, I think it's a little more flowing, open/fast corners than what I'm used to, should be enlightening haha. My
missus is a bit of a late riser, so at least she can wander down later in the day, whereas in Almeria if she didn't come with me in morning, she'd spend the whole day alone. Thanks again guys.

if you taking your missus,deffo get a car then,pointless sitting at cuava all night,you(she) will get bored shitless.

and yea,compared to Almeria is a lot faster,more flowing.plus the gravel traps actually have gravel,not rocks!! :)

Hire cars are a no brainer in Spain. It's probably one of the cheapest places in Europe to hire one. If you are really pushed for money don't bother with the insurance and you can get one for a couple of quid a day. In Barcelona you can get them for 50p a day! Hire car rally is well worth getting the insurance for in itself though :)

Thanks everyone for the info, I've had a change of mind, I think we're going to go independent of FE, and stay at an hotel in town, and hire a car. By the time FE charge me the supplements it will work out the same
money wise, and that way we'll have a better opportunity to see Jerez. If you guys have had a nice stay somewhere that you'd recommend, please let me know.

Back