Fitting carbon frame sides but need to remove fairings

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cre0108

Reaction score
As per the title i have bought carbon frame covers but they fit underneath the fairing at the front. Can i just remove the top part of the fairing and is it easy to do? I believe there are two plugs female and male plus bolts? Any advice would be appreciated
Chris
d8aa0b3d38c37e923c612400cddd408e.jpg
072d06108d07ac4969e9050b13b23df8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Looking fwd to your review on these btw! Fit etc around the holes and the frame welds etc

- Alex

Looking fwd to your review on these btw! Fit etc around the holes and the frame welds etc

- Alex
Will do . Any guides to removing the fairings ?

Will do . Any guides to removing the fairings ?

Only the obvious 😕
Very carefully is the name of the game. The bits that pop in to the rubbers can be brittle and quite easily broken I?ve heard.
Try to see where these are and try to get your fingers each side and as close to the popper as possible. Then gently and evenly ease them apart.
I reassemble using rubber lub to make the job not so scary the next time 🤭

Just be careful and don?t rush it and you should be fine.
Hope this helps👍

As above its easy to do but the different tabs can be broken without too much force. The poppers are to the upper rear of the side panels and pull out.

When re-assembling don't over-tighten any screws especially those that fix the side panels to the belly pan as tabs that hold the metal clips easily snap

Piss easy removing and replacing each part.... I used a 3/8 drive ratchet, extension and matching Torx/Allen sockets to undo the fasteners.. I bought a box of Clips, fasteners off EB and replaced them all one by one...bit of silicone spray lube on the fingers that slide into the rubbers helps but not critical... nip up each fastener by feel...

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Cheers guys . Thanks for advice will report back on fit etc on these carbon frane covers and the rear swing arm covers.

Back