Exhaust headers removal

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmwbadboy

Reaction score
A question on stock exhaust headers removal on 2016 model

Is there anyway to remove servo and wires that attach to the mid-pipe without dropping the swing arm and the rear shock ?

Exhaust Headers Removal

Yes; you just need a lot of patience!

With apologies to the original poster as I can't locate the post, I recall reading on here that if the bracket supporting the rear master cylinder reservoir is removed, the servo moto slides out easily.

With apologies to the original poster as I can't locate the post, I recall reading on here that if the bracket supporting the rear master cylinder reservoir is removed, the servo moto slides out easily.

Found it, thank you for the hint!

Hi, remove the bracket (that the rear master cylinder reservoir bolts to) from the seat subframe. The servo then slides out easily backwards. J

Hi, remove the bracket (that the rear master cylinder reservoir bolts to) from the seat subframe. The servo then slides out easily backwards. J
Thanks!

I assume I just want to remove the wires and keep servo connected to ECU to avoid error codes? (I'm not planning installing RCK3 or similar)

Thanks!

I assume I just want to remove the wires and keep servo connected to ECU to avoid error codes? (I'm not planning installing RCK3 or similar)

Indeed, you can either remove the servo cables (taking care not to rotate the servo plate), or alternatively you need 2x servo buddies to remove the servo motors

- Oli

Indeed, you can either remove the servo cables (taking care not to rotate the servo plate), or alternatively you need 2x servo buddies to remove the servo motors

- Oli
Is it one buddy per motor, right?

It's actually the bracket that holds the reservoir that gets in the way. I was getting frustrated and have learnt from past experience to go make a cup of tea and then come back to it. I got my ?18 endoscope out to have a look around and voila, the bracket was stopping it sliding out. That's a worthwhile tool. Hooks up to your phone/tablet via bluetooth. HD and small enough to go through spark plug holes, find dropped bolts (has a magnetic end and lights). J

I ran into a problem today with a front servo motor. How do I remove the wire from under the headers?

Do I need to unscrew 2 screws and remove the whole construction or can I just take the wire out of a slot where it sits?

Last edited:
Exhaust Headers Removal

As a Premier Member go to the Forum downloads area and download the Factory Service Manual. Inside you will find step-by-step, illustrated instructions on how to do it properly.

Re: Exhaust Headers Removal

As a Premier Member go to the Forum downloads area and download the Factory Service Manual. Inside you will find step-by-step, illustrated instructions on how to do it properly.
Nice. I shall try this.

Re: Exhaust Headers Removal

I see that my RDS (repair and service) manual says that

Untitled-1.jpg

I tried to remove the Bowden cable from the slot without unscrewing anything, but it sits quite tight there.

I guess I need to try harder ?

It looks like Bowden cable can't be removed from the front servo motor, it's fixed to the headers.

Back