Carbon Fibre Wheels

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Demmel

Reaction score
Where is the quality of carbon wheels higher? BMW OEM M Carbon wheels, BST or Rotobox?

Where is the quality of carbon wheels higher? BMW OEM M Carbon wheels, BST or Rotobox?

Not sure but Rotobox ain?t the prettiest looking wheels to put it mildly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
I forgot to include in my survey Dymag

Last edited by a moderator:
For me best looking is BMW followed by bst. Strength wise I was under the impression rotobox but like has been said I think they are ugly. I had a set of dymag carbons which I crashed twice with and they held up really well

Sent from my H8416 using Tapatalk

The BMW ones will be the product of incredible r&d. Their reputation depends on it. Producing one as a production bike item has never been done before.

However that doesn't make them fastest...

- Alex

The BMW ones will be the product of incredible r&d. Their reputation depends on it. Producing one as a production bike item has never been done before.

However that doesn't make them fastest...

- Alex

do you think they are made "in house"? (i've no idea by the way) but you'd think if it was 1 of reasons the bikes are late,it's due to 3rd party supplier rather than BMW.

do you think they are made "in house"? (i've no idea by the way) but you'd think if it was 1 of reasons the bikes are late,it's due to 3rd party supplier rather than BMW.

I would have presumed third party, however I got talking to a chap last year who said he had been to a newly built bmw factory (work related) somewhere in Germany where they had started producing carbon frames.....

The HP4 Race wheels were made by Thyssen Krupp.

I believe though this has changed for the '19 Gen4

c933767af6d1cc6d8e8ebd76053a0fc6.jpg

- Alex

Back