Gen 4 S1000RR World Super Bike

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monners

Reaction score
Putting this here instead of on the other threads.

Tom Sykes and Mark Reiterburg currently dominating the timesheets around the fast and twisty sector 3 of Aragon. In my mind thats super promising for the new bike for us since they are only loosing time because they are struggling to run the WSBK level , replace an engine every round, 240bhp or whatever it is they get these days which is irrelevent to normal users. The stock 205bhp is plenty for normal humans and you can be confident it's going to be properly delivered by BMW so that with excellent agility - thank you very much :)

20160923_Aragon_GP_Track-Sector-3.jpg

last time i was there with my sbk engine fitted,i went 1.7 seconds faster than my previous PB,checked the data and it was all from turn 15 to the start finish/finish line.HP does hve it's benefits :)

It's a hell of a back straight. The 4 corners before hand on the last section won't gain anytime with more gee gees. Last corner is still my fav of all time

Sent from my H8416 using Tapatalk

Practice 2,near the end Sykes was faster than Bautista until the last sector,then lost out by .5 sec.

I have thought all along that,given horsepower,the s1000rr will be a winner.

Especially when you bear in mind,they are running a hashed-up superstock engine(224bhp from a blueprinted engine!-no cam mods as yet).

Personally,I can't wait for the TT and Hicky!

It's a hell of a back straight. The 4 corners before hand on the last section won't gain anytime with more gee gees. Last corner is still my fav of all time

tbh it's just the last section of track,turn 15 to s/f where power comes into it,everywhere else,if your good on a 600 you'll be all over the thou riders (normal t/day riders that is) as theres so much of the track your on your side and need a lot of corner speed,or be very confident witht he front

I loved the track on a 1k Reminded me of donny on steroids.

Done it for 6days and still not got the last corner right

dont worry,i've been there over 20 days and only just getting decent laps in!! last corner,everytime you think,bollox,could have gone in there faster,but tipping at in that speed can be a bit scary :)

dont worry,i've been there over 20 days and only just getting decent laps in!! last corner,everytime you think,bollox,could have gone in there faster,but tipping at in that speed can be a bit scary :)
The run off for that corner is longer than most main straights [emoji23] (not that I've been down it)

The run off for that corner is longer than most main straights [emoji23] (not that I've been down it)

As Sykes just demo'd.
Actually could have challenged for pole without that excursion!! (Despite the HP deficit)

That chassis must be good.

- Alex

I loved the track, hell of a place. No denying that horsepower rules for laptimes when the straight is so long but it's definitely looking good for the BMW. It was a decent show from Sykes harrasing the podium three for the first half of the race. Gutted for Reiterburg; there's nothing worse than the race finishing on the start grid! It's also good to see Chaz back on form and a real shame for Laverty going down on the last lap but I bet he's still happy to be up there.

Last edited:
Back