Front sprocket cover removal

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmwbadboy

Reaction score
I want to remove the front sprocket cover and keep the little metal piece in place.

Can I re-use the bolts that hold the cover and just screw them back on top of the metal piece or do I need to find shorter ones ?

I think you want shorter but I am not sure its secure either way due to the dowels top right and bottom right.

There is a kit for a race chain guard on the Alpha site. Not sure if anyone else does one.

- Alex

Front Sprocket Cover Removal

I fitted an alpha Racing Chain Failure Guard Kit to mine when I removed the sprocket cover.

attachment.php

https://shop.alpharacing.com/shop/i...&language=en&zenid=gf1ldc95hb807cptetu4rtfia0

Re: Front Sprocket Cover Removal

Didn't know this part was available. Went and purchased 1 today, must admit it is an expensive item, but what do you expect from Alpha. I have just bought a 3D chain, black and gold, and think this will help with the bedding in the chain due to chain slacking.

Re: Front Sprocket Cover Removal

Didn't know this part was available. Went and purchased 1 today, must admit it is an expensive item, but what do you expect from Alpha. I have just bought a 3D chain, black and gold, and think this will help with the bedding in the chain due to chain slacking.
I had an ek 3d black and gold chain. In 2yrs I only had to adjust it once and that was after first td. Great chains

Sent from my H8416 using Tapatalk

Back