Extended Warranty

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Huge

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Afternoon gents,
Been umming and ahhing about selling the RR (happy reasons, got exciting plans).
If I buy an extended warranty, I presume it resides with the bike?
Also, when is the gen4 coming into dealers as long-legs here needs to try it for size. Obviously there'll be a massive waiting list, but I'd like to know that I can fit on the fekker before saying adios to my beautiful gen3.
Cheers
Hugh

Last edited:
My man at Coopers Tunbridge Wells said their demonstrator is due in some time in May. Most of the UK gen 4's are already sold he was saying

Afternoon gents,
Been umming and ahhing about selling the RR (happy reasons, got exciting plans).
Also, when is the gen4 coming into dealers as long-legs here needs to try it for size. Obviously there'll be a massive waiting list, but I'd like to know that I can fit on the fekker before saying adios to my beautiful gen3.
Cheers
Hugh

Huge I am pretty sure the warranty resides with the bike if you pay for 12 months, its only the used warranty BMW give you when you buy a used bike that is non transferable this terminates if you sell the bike, this is what the dealer told me anyway. I have seen a few private adds on Ebay claiming they bike has a transferable used warranty from BMW which to my knowledge is wrong!

Afternoon gents,
Cheers
Hugh
Yeah but what are the exciting plans?..!

Yeah but what are the exciting plans?..!

Started a new business. Currently raising capital and depending how quickly we get investment in, I might need to loan it ?10K.
If so, I will sell the Gen3 (which I own), get a new GSA on PCP and then when I get the ?10K paid back, put it towards a new Gen4. Whoop whoop!
This is assuming Brexit doesn't put my other businesses in the toilet, of course.

Started a new business. Currently raising capital and depending how quickly we get investment in, I might need to loan it ?10K.
If so, I will sell the Gen3 (which I own), get a new GSA on PCP and then when I get the ?10K paid back, put it towards a new Gen4. Whoop whoop!
This is assuming Brexit doesn't put my other businesses in the toilet, of course.
Well Brexshit May never happen, so a good time to invest! GSA and Gen 4 is your payoff for the hard work

Well Brexshit May never happen, so a good time to invest! GSA and Gen 4 is your payoff for the hard work ��
Thanks Pal. Not worried TBH. The new biz is building social housing and everyone still needs somewhere to live whether we leave or remain.
I'm not going to commit to a Gen4 until I've sat on one. If it's much smaller that'll rule it out. The Gen3 is right on the edge of comfy for long-ass me.

By all accounts its roomier despite the pegs being higher...tis all in the angles

- Alex

Hi huge,

I'm 6'6 with 36 inside leg and found the new one comfy to ride :) The pegs are higher, but certainly not uncomfortable :)

Tim.

Back