Integrated lights on tail tidies MOT Fail

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soofsayer

Forum Admin
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Just had my K75 failed MOT because of the rear and front indicator lights being too close together. Just a heads up really that any bike with indicators less than 180mm apart at the rear will fail the new rules. Thanks EU.

I think you need to find an new MOT place. My bike place only checks safety. Exhaust, numberplate, indicators are ignored.

But I had a similar experience recently for my car, because my normal place was fully booked. The guy was ex DVLA and took an 1 1/2 hours. Long list of silly items. Even gas tested the oil. I've never seen a cargo up and down on the lift so many times. must have been nearly 20 times.

They vary so much.

There's been an update this year by all accounts.
I was about to retrofit HID's to my 330i and a guy at a garage told me to check if my MOT station will pass them as something changed this year and they are failing many of them.

So, is there an MOT tester on here that knows what the updates are?

The HiD rules changed last year to stop idiots blinding everyone at night. If you fit HIDs they need to be done correctly in the correct housing with self levelling etc. In the past people were putting them in standard halogen reflective housing which sent the light all over the place which can be dangerous.

Yeah yeah...using the right bulb is most if the issue. My lights self level.

- Alex

Back