Sloppy Dealers

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stuartb

Reaction score
What the **** is it with dealers... mine has been in East Kilbride for a new Lamda Sensor under warranty for 3 weeks.. combination of atrocious weather (for a proper test ride) and my work commitments....

Picked it up Tuesday, rode it home...perfect... ran it into my garage and shut door.... stuck it on my bench tonight just to give it a once over... nearside winglet looked lopsided ! touched it and was totally loose, they had caught the first couple of threads and forgot to tighten up the fasteners..so I looked closer to find two of the plastic screws that secure that little black infill piece missing !.. OK neither are critical components.... but I'm now asking what ******* else is missing/not put together properly, especially after that sloppy service last year... just ate my tea...I'm away to look !
00b2b5d5547a7f698ee4df8a22670542.jpg
64f65fad32e5bd3b4069c9146f3bc176.jpg
f2ec003ac1188ca4e321673f0f9296c1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Thats piss poor stuart. Really is. Like you say it makes you wonder if anything else is wrong.

That's absolutely shit , I bought mine from there and have had all servicing etc completed there and never had an issue. Due in mid July for its 4th annual service, hopefully all goes well ! Hope you get it all sorted out mate.

I'm not unhappy, but I just wish people would pay attention to what they're doing !...

I emailed them, so will see what they say....it just makes it more annoying I spent so much time and money on the bike over the winter..maybe I was just in a mood last night lol...

They've got to replace the missing bits for a start...it shouldn't be hard to put back on, all the parts that came off.

Sorry to hear about your problems...

Back in the 90's I had a dealer mechanic leave a 3/8 ratchet and extension on top of my GSX-R750WT engine after a service. Kept hearing a strange noise on the way home. Looked around the bike with a torch and there it was glistening away. I always used the same mechanic, so went up to him and handed it back... where did you find that, he said? We did laugh.....

I just wish people would pay attention to what they're doing !..

+1 That's all we want...
I had a similar thing happen on a Honda, fortunately had the option to change dealer at service time, are you able to do this? is there another dealer close enough Stuart?

Last edited:
I'm not unhappy, but I just wish people would pay attention to what they're doing !...

I emailed them, so will see what they say....it just makes it more annoying I spent so much time and money on the bike over the winter..maybe I was just in a mood last night lol...

You think they'd pay attention with them working on bikes and all the unintended consequences and especially how much they cost per hour.

+1 That's all we want...
I had a similar thing happen on a Honda, fortunately had the option to change dealer at service time, are you able to do this? is there another dealer close enough Stuart?
No mate... little choice up here...anyhow.

Incredibly the couldn't figure out what was missing from the images I sent and asked for additional images...ffs...nothing like know your product eh !..

So I screenshot the schematic from realoem

Save them the hassle of looking up the part numbers...
2da06e84619c83bdcc5c6acbaedcfec2.jpg

After my 18k service at a dealer... there was a noticeable rattle. I took it back and they could not find anything wrong with the bike. I then took it to another dealer for a 2nd opinion...

https://video.citnow.com/vtR7D6QRkxn

If they are making mistakes like that, I wouldn't be trusting that garage again!

The bmw is the first bike I've ever put to a garage to be serviced. I hate the thought of other people working on my bike!

What the **** is it with dealers... mine has been in East Kilbride for a new Lamda Sensor under warranty for 3 weeks.. combination of atrocious weather (for a proper test ride) and my work commitments....

Picked it up Tuesday, rode it home...perfect... ran it into my garage and shut door.... stuck it on my bench tonight just to give it a once over... nearside winglet looked lopsided ! touched it and was totally loose, they had caught the first couple of threads and forgot to tighten up the fasteners..so I looked closer to find two of the plastic screws that secure that little black infill piece missing !.. OK neither are critical components.... but I'm now asking what ******* else is missing/not put together properly, especially after that sloppy service last year... just ate my tea...I'm away to look !

Unfortunately many dealers are like that, I'm currently having terrible experience with KTM shop buying a new motorbike.

The guy literally refuses to send me invoice and take the payment citing that they are short on stuff (2 people out of 4 are on holidays). I'm buying as PX and we agreed on price already.
All he needs to do is to send me invoice for payment.

How difficult is to make an invoice ffs ?

John Clark Dundee not any better. Fairings refitting after last service was that bad the manager gave me the service for free. Still got to get the side fairing replaced after the spanner monkey over tightened the bolt and burst the plastic lug on the inside.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

John Clark Dundee not any better. Fairings refitting after last service was that bad the manager gave me the service for free. Still got to get the side fairing replaced after the spanner monkey over tightened the bolt and burst the plastic lug on the inside.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Sounds like the dealers put their Yopper onto the bodywork installs...

Hmmm... readers under 35 might not know what a yopper is, it's the predecessor to Job C.... lol...

Here's one
ea852495020558f763ee9354c2720845.jpg

Wow who carried out the service previously?

Vines - Guildford... When I took it for the 2nd opinion at Bahnstormer in Alton, they contacted the Vines Service Manager who then authorised whatever it cost to resolve. I asked Bahnstormer to do a full 18k service again to ensure nothing was overlooked. They did do and I heard nothing else from Vines thereafter.

Last edited:
Vines - Guildford... When I took it for the 2nd opinion at Bahnstormer in Alton, they contacted the Vines Service Manager who then authorised whatever it cost to resolve. I asked Bahnstormer to do a full 18k service again to ensure nothing was overlooked. They did do and I heard nothing else from Vines thereafter.

Glad I have given them a miss, I have mine booked in at Bahnstormer Alton next month.

That is unacceptable on both counts how can they be so incompetent! That video is something else we can all make mistakes but that inexcusable!!

Back