Exhaust Help?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoePeps

Reaction score
I'm looking at pre-ordering an Akra from Alpha Racing, but after some advice on mapping the bike?
I've never put a full system on a bike but their website says it should be done, so what happens and who do I take it to?!

Hello mate,

What happens is you upset the back pressure and affect the air fuel mix as the bike is mapped with the stock system.

You will need a map and any Dyno centre will be able to advise on either power commander or ECU flash kit.

Otherwise you run the engine hot potentially causing damage or its really rough at Idle or a combination of both.

I myself am torn because I am looking at the full system or a slip on for the purpose of a guaranteed Export to Spain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I'm looking at pre-ordering an Akra from Alpha Racing, but after some advice on mapping the bike?
I've never put a full system on a bike but their website says it should be done, so what happens and who do I take it to?!

What is the year of the bike you have ?

Hello mate,

What happens is you upset the back pressure and affect the air fuel mix as the bike is mapped with the stock system.

You will need a map and any Dyno centre will be able to advise on either power commander or ECU flash kit.

Otherwise you run the engine hot potentially causing damage or its really rough at Idle or a combination of both.

I myself am torn because I am looking at the full system or a slip on for the purpose of a guaranteed Export to Spain.

Thanks Alan.
So it isn't a case of a plug and play chip / map that comes with the exhaust, it will need to be a fully custom thing? Any idea on costs for this?

Want to do it right so worth spending some cash.

Thanks Alan.
So it isn't a case of a plug and play chip / map that comes with the exhaust, it will need to be a fully custom thing? Any idea on costs for this?

Want to do it right so worth spending some cash.

I did it on the R6 I just sold to make way for my gen4 S1k, and Fitted a power commander and had a race garage near me took the bike for a week and ran it on their Dyno to build a map to sort the fuelling out, before that it used to run really hot and cut out at idle when it was hot. Cost me couple of hundred for the power commander and I think ?150 for a Dyno run.

If I was to do again I would go for a proper ecu flash kit and get the map built on that but not expensive but saves trying to hide a power commander somewhere that there is no space.

A slip on generally you don?t need a remap unless you put and induction kit on, then you start making your mix lean.

https://www.alphasbk.com/pages/home
Think they can flash ecu
But remember flashing ecu does void bmw warranty.
As for Fuel modules power commander rapidbike I ain?t seen anything yet on there websites and probably won?t do until they get there hands on one of the bikes.
Email alpha racing on tuning release dates for the new bike I?m sure they will help as you have just purchased one of there exhaust systems.
The new systems look sweet [emoji108]

Last edited:
Back