Can somebody clear this up for me

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DanR88

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Guys,

Whats the crack with exhaust hangers when fitting a Racing Line Akra system to a 2015 model

A - Do i need the carbon item supplied by Akrapovic?

B - Can i use the standard hanger from a standard 2017/18 model?

C - Do i need to purchase A N Other exhaust hanger?

There must be loads of people on here that have fitted the system so have an idea - i cant find a concrete answer any where

(And i know i should just stop being tight and buy the carbon one from Akra and be done, but im exploring temporary cheaper alternatives)

Should be visible here
41e6b35f1e9f2b78285a4018b1c959ea.jpg

- Alex

Guys,

Whats the crack with exhaust hangers when fitting a Racing Line Akra system to a 2015 model

A - Do i need the carbon item supplied by Akrapovic?

B - Can i use the standard hanger from a standard 2017/18 model?

C - Do i need to purchase A N Other exhaust hanger?

There must be loads of people on here that have fitted the system so have an idea - i cant find a concrete answer any where

(And i know i should just stop being tight and buy the carbon one from Akra and be done, but im exploring temporary cheaper alternatives)

You can fit using the supplied bolts to the Passenger hangers if you have them. You can buy the shorter Akra Carbon hanger or similar off Aliexpress (visually no different but half the price) or use something like R&G. You can't use the 17/18 exhaust hanger but can use rightside pillion footrest hanger. I fitted the same exhaust last summer. Quick tip. Take the bracket off the subframe that holds the rear reservoir and the rear exhaust cabled motor then slides right out. No faffing about. PTFE the joints between pipes. Clean the exhaust of fingerprints before firing up and job done. Jamie

Back