Hi to all

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Outaline

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Based in Ireland, I used to own a gen 1 S1KRR but sold it 2 years ago and got a hypermotrard 939SP that I've just recently sold so I am seriously considering a HP4 as I absolutely loved the BMW and still think it was the best bike I've ever owned .
Previously I've had 2 new R1's ,Z1000 , superduke , I'm also a huge car enthusiast and have some interesting to me cars anyway .
This looks like a great place to get info and hopefully I'll be able to give something back cheers .

james

Welcome to the forum, is it just the HP4 you're considering or the later/next models as well?

Hi Alex ,

I'm not 100% sure I've always liked the HP4 especially the carbon I've been looking at 2015 /16 bikes also but I still keep going back to the Hp4 carbon ed .

Fair enough the HP4 will always have cache in the bike market, so you aren't wrong and won't go wrong getting one. I'd definitely get the full carbon one also.
That's assuming you ride it as is...I would say if you were going on track I'd probably start with a 2015/16.

Ya I just think the HP4 is something special and I'd really like the carbon alright . No it won't be for track just road .I have a pit bike jobby to get my kicks off rd .

Welcome to the forum James!

Great introduction, what were some of your favourite experiences onboard your Gen 1 RR?

As Alex says, HP4?s will always be special and I too think the Carbon model is worth going for.

Enjoy the forum, there?s a wonderful community on here and loads of information.
I hope you find your ideal HP4 or RR in the near future and that you have many happy miles ahead of you [emoji4]

- Oli

Last edited:
Hi Oli ,

Thanks ,
Fav memory was when I did the some of the wild Atlantic way started in Cork and zig zagged up to Galway some nice roads on the west coast loved the quickshifter and power of the S1 .The only gripe was no heated grips as I did it in November .
Looking forward to getting back on 1 .

Cheers for the welcome .

Hi James,
Welcome. I keep thinking of doing the atlantic way but get conflicting information about the condition of the roads (might do it in a car). So a bit more info about what you did and how it was would be really helpful if you get the chance.

Hi ,

It's well worth it there's some stunning scenery and rds but I'd agree as some of the rds are not great especially on a sports bike but you can be selective to get the best out of it .
I've also done bits of it in my mk2 GRP4 fast rd rally preped but I was selective as it's a bone breaker and not suitable for all of it .
I'd map out a route if you want depends on how long you plan to come over and how many k's you want to do per day etc ..
Would you be getting a ferry into Dublin or Rosslare ?

Back