2018 S1000rr full exhaust system requirements

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

debaditya215

Reaction score
Hi all
I am looking to get a full system for my s1000rr and wanted to know if remap or fuel management is necessary. The dealership here has scared the shit out me by saying there is every chance the bike may be affected negatively if not remapped. In fact the full system one must go for is the BMW recommended HP akra full system with remap. ...so confused...

Full Exhaust System

You are best advised to put the bike on a Dyno after installation to check the A-F Ratio. Only then will you know whether or not the bike will need to be mapped accordingly. From experience every time I've fitted a full system to any of my race or track bikes the fuelling has had to be adjusted. Ultimately, if you want to get the most out of having a full system fitted, then remap or fit a fuel management module and get the bike setup properly on a Dyno.

You'll need map alright.

I ran mine for 1000 miles without and it seemed ok. But after the remap it was like the bike was way smoother and felt much more powerful in the mid-range

Thanks everyone. I will be getting HP akrapovic full system from BMW with remap...will keep you guys posted once installed....by the way, I am based in Delhi, India...if anyone has plans of visiting Delhi, India...do let me know....Regards debaditya

Latest posts

Back