Service April

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PCRR

Reaction score
Hello all,

Bought my bike last November from dealer. It's a 2018 bike new in April 18. 1st running in service done August at 1000 miles and today service due April was on dash. Service book says due Aug 19. Do I just need dash reminder reset or does it really need a service. Only got 1500 mile on it.

Its usually set to an annual reminder. But you can discuss it with the dealer and they can advise if it needs to be done or can be delayed till a more appropriate time.

Only way to clear the service reminder is buy visiting the dealer or maybe with a GS 911 wifi

- Alex

Hello all,

Bought my bike last November from dealer. It's a 2018 bike new in April 18. 1st running in service done August at 1000 miles and today service due April was on dash. Service book says due Aug 19. Do I just need dash reminder reset or does it really need a service. Only got 1500 mile on it.

Looks like they forgot to reset the service reminder light when it was done in August, the dealer should fix it for you in a few minutes by plugging it in. The reset is in the list of things for the Tech. to do when servicing the bike. It does NOT need a service before August unless you hit 7000 miles on it before then.

JimmyMac

Thanks all for advise. I will take it in to be reset.
Then get annual service in August and then I guess service light will be sync with actual yearly service again.

Back