Cordless or gas hot air gun

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alex

Forum Moderator
Admin
Reaction score
Anyone used a cordless hot air gun like this one from Milwaukee?

https://uk.milwaukeetool.eu/m18-heat-gun/m18-bhg/

I don't have a power tools collection so I am thinking about getting this and a 3/8's impact driver with a pair of batteries...

My intention is to heat vinyl wrap or stickers etc, shrink wrap etc.

The gas alternative seems to be this;
Cordless Hot Air Heat Gun Tool Kit Hands Free - With 2 Nozzles & Gas Cartridge https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00BONIYFU/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_uAqJCbHEXTYQJ

Reminder I have no electrical supply in my garage.

Thoughts?

- Alex

Im a mechanic, and all i use is mac tools(snap on are poor) the milwaukee stuff is awesome and a sister company. I use the battery gun and its top notch. Never used the heat gun but id say it would be bang on

Milwaukee Cordless Heat Gun

I borrowed a cordless Milwaukee Heat Gun from a friend when I vinyl-wrapped my race fairings. It worked extremely well and was absolutely essential. That said I only wrapped my fairings once so I?m glad I didn?t buy one as they are expensive. Given the time and effort it took I will certainly be paying someone to do it for me next time!

Re: Milwaukee Cordless Heat Gun

I borrowed a cordless Milwaukee Heat Gun from a friend when I vinyl-wrapped my race fairings. It worked extremely well and was absolutely essential. That said I only wrapped my fairings once so I?m glad I didn?t buy one as they are expensive. Given the time and effort it took I will certainly be paying someone to do it for me next time!
I was thinking of learning :)

But you make a point, can I hire???

- Alex

Milwaukee Cordless Heat Gun

I would imagine you could rent one. With regards to vinyl-wrapping I did quite enjoy doing it but it can be frustrating at times. For me the final result was pretty rewarding but I would rather not do it again.

With regards to vinyl-wrapping I did quite enjoy doing it but it can be frustrating at times. For me the final result was pretty rewarding but I would rather not do it again.

Sure Tim appreciates your efforts [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Now I guess I have to buy the rest of the 18v range #manmaths
39313be81f21a7dcea18ffd85430ed2b.jpg
b9684f3dfa9a360d47acd9f5a791aefa.jpg
e913af84836f2e5179cbc7ac03038162.jpg

- Alex

Back