New in Warwickshire

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Philbert

Reaction score
Hi there, I'm a returning RR owner having owned a first gen back in 2011. Just bought a 2016 model which should be delivered next week.

I've been riding for about 12 years and am now in my 40s. Following a couple of hip surgeries my days of riding sportsbikes may be nearing their end so I'm keen to get some quality miles in whilst I still can.

Welcome to the forum Phil and congratulations on your new RR!

I?m sorry to hear of your hip troubles, hopefully with some ergonomic mods you?ll be able to get a comfortable setup on your new steed.

What sort of riding do you enjoy primarily?

Enjoy the forum, there is a wonderful community on here and loads of information [emoji4]

- Oli

Hi Oli,

most of my riding is done on the daily commute and I have a G310GS for that. Not ridden a bike of less than 500cc since I passed my test over a decade ago and it?s surprisingly good fun.

I try and get away on a bike tour each year and have a sports tourer for that, will be heading up to the Lakes this summer with some friends from work. Otherwise I tend to head out for trips on local roads, often alone but I do like company if people are available.

Two things on my job list for this year are to do a track day and some green lanes (on different bikes!).

My bike history is quite varied which includes; honda hornet, Tiger 800, Tiger 1200, F800ST (two of them, possibly the ideal commuter bike), RC8, RSV4RF, R1200RS, Triumph Thruxton and a Scrambler 900. Loved every one of them... life is too short.

Back