Lowered footpegs

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Philbert

Reaction score
Hi all, I've just bought a 2016 RR but am going to need to lower the footpegs as I've recently had a couple of hip surgeries. Can any of you recommend a set of pegs that offer a range of positions lower than stock?

I've already been doing a lot of reading on the forum and some frequent names are popping up (Gia Moto, Gilles etc) but most websites talk about the height increases available and not the drop.

Any help would be appreciated. Picking up the bike next week and am super excited.

If you are not too short, there is a tall comfort seat option.

Most adjustable rearsets (i.e. from HP/Gilles) will lower the pegs.

- Alex

Gilles do peg extenders but the problem is the levers stay in the same place. Much better off getting rear sets as Alex suggests. GiaMoto don?t advertise their comfort kit, but will sell you one if you ring them. The comfort kit adds an extra 15mm to the 10mm their rearsets already provide.

Hi matey. My RR has the alpha racing rearsets and I'm 6'6 with 36' inside leg and these make it so much comfier. Plus I've got a w*nky hip, and they don't cause me any grief.
I don't know where you're based, but if you're anywhere near Norwich you're more than welcome to pop in and come and try mine for size.
Or if you're coming to any of the BMW club trackdays i'll be at those too.

Thanks for the info guys, this has been really helpful. I'll probably buy a rearset and then see how I feel about seat height. I'm only 5'8" so don't want to change the seat without trying other options first.

@Tim, I'm some distance away from Norwich but appreciate your offer. I've not done any bike trackdays before but am keen to try one out before I'm past it. I'll be checking out the BMW club as it sounds like somewhere to mix with similarly minded enthusiasts.

The seat is worth it. Combined with rearsets you can lower the peg height too.
I?m 6?2 and commute on mine. Needs the seat and rearsets though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

By coincidence , I've just taken delivery of a set of the adjustable Gillies footpegs:

CameraZOOM-20190315160434209.jpg

I'm afraid my aging bones are not quite as flexible as they once were! I haven't had the chance to try them yet, but I think the should be OK height for height.

I'll keep you posted.

The seat is worth it. Combined with rearsets you can lower the peg height too.
I’m 6”2 and commute on mine. Needs the seat and rearsets though

Hi Gixxer, do you not find that the increased sat height puts more pressure on your wrists? One of my concerns would be that the raised seat would pitch the rider forward a lot more? Unless you've also got raised bars?

By coincidence , I've just taken delivery of a set of the adjustable Gillies footpegs:

I'm afraid my aging bones are not quite as flexible as they once were! I haven't had the chance to try them yet, but I think the should be OK height for height.

I'll keep you posted.

Is that just a footpeg rather than a complete rearset? I couldn't see these on the Gillies website; any chance you could provide a link?

Thanks.

It's just a footpeg, but made up of three parts:

RGK-330 Gillies Folding Piece Pair
UF-16-KIT Gillies Footrests - Pair - Silver
RGK-A-20 Gillies RGK2 Adjuster Plate Pair 20mm

Calsport have a discount on at present, so all in about ?75.

Hi Gixxer, do you not find that the increased sat height puts more pressure on your wrists? One of my concerns would be that the raised seat would pitch the rider forward a lot more? Unless you've also got raised bars?

Not got raised bars. Not overly but then I?ve covered about 200k in the last 10 years on sports bikes so I may be immune to it.
Think the lowered pegs help with it.

So it dried up here just long enough to go and test these. I have them set forward and down and the 20mm makes some difference! The gear pedal is slightly high, but I reckon that can be adjusted. By contrast the brake pedal is now much better positioned. An additional bonus is that the pegs are much more grippy. Recommended.

I found raising the seat with the racing body work really helped but I still find the bike a bit of a squeeze on the knees and i think I'm going to try lowering the pegs a little for next weekends racing or perhaps move them back a bit more to try and get the office feeling a bit more natural.

Back